Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #96408
View in linear mode

Subject: "Zeitronix Installation" Previous topic | Next topic
eclipse7782Feb-15-06 05:34 AM
Member since Dec 14th 2004
215 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96408, "Zeitronix Installation"

I just received the Zeitronix wideband kit. There is a harness inside that has 11 colored wires on it. Could someone please tell me what to connect these to and where the wires are located? Perhaps this could also be posted to Mods, Tech, & More as well. I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. Also where did you install the control box?? I already have another o2 bung welded onto my downpipe.
Pin # Wire Color Function
1 Red Switched Power (ex. ignition)
2 White Wideband Analog Output
3 Green RPM Input 0-12v square wave, tach signal
4 Orange Boost Sensor Input
5 EMPTY NOT USED
6 Yellow Boost Sensor +5 Power
7 Black Power Ground
8 Brown Sensor Ground (EMC ground reference)
9 Purple Simultated Narrowband O2 Output (for stock ecu)
10 Grey Throttle Position Sensor
11 Brown Sensor Ground (Boost Sensor ground reference)
12 Blue User Input 0-5V

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Zeitronix Installation, TeamDR1665, Feb-15-06 06:15 AM, #1
RE: Zeitronix Installation, cougar694u, Feb-15-06 06:24 AM, #2
RE: Zeitronix Installation, eclipse7782, Feb-15-06 04:21 PM, #3
RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-23-06 11:35 AM, #4
      RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, boosted60trimrst, Oct-25-06 03:29 PM, #5
           RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-25-06 04:45 PM, #6
                RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, BlackMagic, Oct-26-06 10:15 AM, #7
                     RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-26-06 04:17 PM, #8
                          RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, boosted60trimrst, Oct-26-06 05:21 PM, #9
                               RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, BlackMagic, Oct-26-06 07:01 PM, #10
                                    RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Oct-27-06 06:09 AM, #11
                                         RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, Moderatorcs82685, Oct-27-06 06:18 AM, #12
                                              RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please, TeamDR1665, Oct-27-06 07:53 AM, #13

TeamDR1665Feb-15-06 06:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96411, "RE: Zeitronix Installation"
In response to Reply # 0
Feb-15-06 06:16 AM by DR1665

Originally posted by eclipse7782
Perhaps this could also be posted to Mods, Tech, & More as well.

Good call. I'll see what I can remember off the top of my head for you, since you want to help out the site.

where did you install the control box??

Pull your cup holder/ash tray out and you will see there are a couple uprights at the front edge of where it goes. I have no shifter boot installed at the moment (thieves removed it for me a while back and I've not got around to reinstalling it), so I just reached down and zip tied it to those brackets (NOTE: in FRONT of them. The cup holder will not fit with the Zt-2 on that side, it has to go under the shift boot this way). It is a perfect fit. It's just going to be tricky to get there with the boot installed. (Although you can remove it with a phillips screwdriver from below.

1 Red Switched Power (ex. ignition)

Tapped into cigarette lighter power (as with my oil pres. gauge)

2 White Wideband Analog Output

This runs to my MSnS harness.

3 Green RPM Input 0-12v square wave, tach signal

If you plan on datalogging with the Zt-2, then you'll need to figure out where to tap for this signal. I plan on using MS for logging, so I did not connect.

4 Orange Boost Sensor Input

Signal lead from your electronic boost sending unit. (Like any other sending unit, I bet.)

5 EMPTY NOT USED

Easy!

6 Yellow Boost Sensor +5 Power

Send power to your electonic boost sending unit?

7 Black Power Ground

Chassis ground. (Where I've grounded my oil pressure gauge - floorboard.)

8 Brown Sensor Ground (EMC ground reference)

Since I'm not using the boost feature, I left this unconnected.

9 Purple Simultated Narrowband O2 Output (for stock ecu)

This wire runs to the wire on the ECU harness under the hood where you would ordinarily tap for one of those gay blinky light AFR meters. I think it's the "white with a black stripe." A quick search for AFR meter install should give you the correct pin on the connector.

10 Grey Throttle Position Sensor

Again, for the logger. I did not connect. Also, I have a feeling there is something important to know before you just tap the TPS. Maybe that's anothe sensor I'm thinking about, but when you tap one of them, it can affect the ECU running things. Someone help me out.

11 Brown Sensor Ground (Boost Sensor ground reference)

Boost sensor = I did nothing.

12 Blue User Input 0-5V

Plug this into your head, Neo. I guess it's for one of the options you can run with the unit. I left it alone. I just want wbO2 and EGT.

With things set up like this right now, I get power up with the ignition, and my display reads generic information. Usually something like 25.5psi boost, 126* EGT and AFR/Lambda will float around a bit.

I have yet to connect the actual O2 or EGT probes.

Hope this helps a bit.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

cougar694uFeb-15-06 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3381 posts,
#96413, "RE: Zeitronix Installation"
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-15-06 06:25 AM by cougar694u

If you're only hooking it up for the use of looking at A/F ratios, then you'll only need to plug in the wbo2 sensor. Since you have an extra o2 bung in your exhaust, you won't need to worry about the simulated narrow band output, that's only if you removed your regular o2 and replaced it with the wbo2. If you're not boosted, don't worry about the boost wires. As far as the tach wire, not sure if you need a tach adapter to run this properly.

All I use is A/F & Tach, which was easy because my MSD has a tach signal out wire. I need to get an EGT probe and I'll be set.

~Luke
Facebook
1969 Cougar - 11.91 - 380HP
2007 GSXR 750
1999 OZ - SOLD - 15.26 NA - 14.71 on 75 shot

eclipse7782Feb-15-06 04:21 PM
Member since Dec 14th 2004
215 posts,
#96424, "RE: Zeitronix Installation"
In response to Reply # 2

Pin # Color Function Vehicle Install
1 Red Switched Power (ex. ignition) Cigarette Lighter Power
2 White Wideband Analog Output Option for using with Megasquirt
3 Green RPM Input 0-12v square wave, tach signal ECU 73 (lower) White
4 Orange Boost Sensor Input Only for use with electronic boost controllers
5 EMPTY NOT USED NOT USED
6 Yellow Boost Sensor +5 Power Only for use with electronic boost controllers
7 Black Power Ground Chassis Ground.
8 Brown Sensor Ground (EMS ground reference) ECU White/Black stripe
9 Purple Simultated Narrowband O2 Output (for stock ecu) Only if you removed your regular o2 and replaced it with the wbo2.
10 Grey Throttle Position Sensor ECU 35 (upper) Brown/Red stripe
11 Brown Sensor Ground (Boost Sensor ground reference) Only for use with electronic boost controllers
12 Blue User Input 0-5V Misc Input

Moderatorcs82685Oct-23-06 11:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#101529, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by DR1665
Originally posted by eclipse7782 10 Grey Throttle Position Sensor
Again, for the logger. I did not connect. Also, I have a feeling there is something important to know before you just tap the TPS. Maybe that's another sensor I'm thinking about, but when you tap one of them, it can affect the ECU running things. Someone help me out.

BUMP...

Installing my zeitronix tomorrow and just wanted to double check on this to see if anyone knew whether or not just tapping the tps will screw anything up

I contributed to the Wiki!
EVO IX - just a really expensive boost gauge and a K&N air filter
96 Eclipse RS -awaiting registration and inspection
95 Eclipse GS - parts car
Mods/Profile - http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=cs82685

boosted60trimrstOct-25-06 03:29 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#101581, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 4

Originally posted by cs82685
Originally posted by DR1665 Originally posted by eclipse7782 10 Grey Throttle Position Sensor
Again, for the logger. I did not connect. Also, I have a feeling there is something important to know before you just tap the TPS. Maybe that's another sensor I'm thinking about, but when you tap one of them, it can affect the ECU running things. Someone help me out.
BUMP... Installing my zeitronix tomorrow and just wanted to double check on this to see if anyone knew whether or not just tapping the tps will screw anything up

i have mine tapped to read tps and it works fine

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

Moderatorcs82685Oct-25-06 04:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#101582, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 5
Oct-25-06 04:45 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by boosted60trimrst
Originally posted by DR1665 Originally posted by eclipse7782 10 Grey Throttle Position Sensor
BUMP... Installing my zeitronix tomorrow and just wanted to double check on this to see if anyone knew whether or not just tapping the tps will screw anything up
i have mine tapped to read tps and it works fine

sweet i figured as much since when the guy updated the post he made no mention of it. I must say, I feel like you are always the one answering my questions. If I could give you more points I would BTW thanks for the heads up with the bleed valve, I got it today and at first thought it was broken cause it sounded it, but it was just the little plastic case that was broken.

BlackMagicOct-26-06 10:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#101593, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 6

Just so everyone knows, there are detailed instructions on their website for the installation. And if you ordered it after Sept. 9th 2006 your wideband output can now be linear! Use the white wire and change the setting in the software, pretty coo.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Moderatorcs82685Oct-26-06 04:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#101597, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 7
Oct-26-06 04:18 PM by cs82685

Originally posted by BlackMagic
Just so everyone knows, there are detailed instructions on their website for the installation. And if you ordered it after Sept. 9th 2006 your wideband output can now be linear! Use the white wire and change the setting in the software, pretty coo.

I've gotta look into whatever this linear output is.

EDIT: Just looked, but I have no idea what it means or what its use is.

I'm planning on doing a write-up for it when I install mine also, so that will be soon to come on the modification page.

boosted60trimrstOct-26-06 05:21 PM
Member since Sep 10th 2005
1183 posts,
#101598, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 8

actually linear output is the purple wire

LED tails : Done for now!
99 eclipse rst
cobalt blue met. paint,star stage 2 upgraded t3/t460trim turbo ceramic coated , polished compressor housing, ,optima yellow top, chrome i/c piping ,front mount ntercooler ,apexi turbo timer . zeitronix wb02 ,faze oil ,boost gauge,egt ,bosch 4x plugs,kyb agx struts, pro kit springs.17''adr venomous rims,Falken azenis ,brembo dilled/slotted rotors ,turbo xs bov ,oil catch can,manual shiftknob,autometer pyrometer egt , vortech sfmu,b&m fuel pressure gauge ,accel 310cc injectors ,gasketmatched and polished intake manifold ,58mm throttle body ,no egr,polished turbonetics wastegate,fuel pump rewire,homade fcd and a lot more .LED reverse lights ,sidemarkers and tails .atx to mtx swap . South bend tz clutch . Tons more
http://imageshack.us>

http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=boosted60trimrst
My contribution to the wiki
http://www.2gnt.com/index.php?d=crank%20arm%20spindle%20mod%20to%20fit%20power%20panels

BlackMagicOct-26-06 07:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1243 posts,
#101600, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 9

Oops sorry got my wires crossed, yea the purple wire is linear, thanks.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1133
*form follows function*

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneOct-27-06 06:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#101601, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 10

This would make a great article for the Wiki...

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Moderatorcs82685Oct-27-06 06:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2007 posts,
#101602, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by DarkOne
This would make a great article for the Wiki...

That's what I thought, which is why I'm gonna add some pics and other stuff to the wiring info and put it in there as soon as I can actually install my wideband

TeamDR1665Oct-27-06 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#101603, "RE: Zeitronix Installation Help please"
In response to Reply # 12

Originally posted by DarkOne This would make a great article for the Wiki...
That's what I thought, which is why I'm gonna add some pics and other stuff to the wiring info and put it in there as soon as I can actually install my wideband

You're kicking ass, dude. Keep up the good work!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #96408 Previous topic | Next topic