Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95558
View in linear mode

Subject: "Intake Rockers Jumped off" Previous topic | Next topic
BluredJan-04-06 11:16 AM
Member since Apr 27th 2004
102 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95558, "Intake Rockers Jumped off"

When i rebuilt my engine i forgot to put the gaskets under the valve cover to prevent oil coming into the spark plug wells. Well they car died on me a while back and decided to wait until the new year to fix it. Now i went for the easy fix first......and what do I find, all my intake rockers have jumped off track and are sitting beside my valves. They don't seem to be broken or bent so Im just curious as to what may have made them jump. I do have crower springs and retainers in there and it's about 250 miles in to the break in stage. Could the fact of new springs being tougher then the stock ones cause them to jump? Just baffled at how they would just jump like that. I have looked at the camshaft too and there is no play in it whatsoever. Any insight would be appreciated.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

shazow1969Jan-04-06 02:44 PM
Member since Sep 22nd 2005
466 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#95559, "RE: Intake Rockers Jumped off"
In response to Reply # 0

Try posting in the appropriate section and you will get more responses. With that said I have never seen what you are describing happen personally but rest assured that someone somewhere on this board probably has and can give you better guidance than I.

-Kevin

01 Blazer LS 4.3/5spd dropped and clean DD
88 Camaro RS 361 CID with a 6spd and a bar 10 second street car on motor.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #95558 Previous topic | Next topic