Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #91307
View in linear mode

Subject: "moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf" Previous topic | Next topic
jdpilotJul-10-05 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1128 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91307, "moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf"

So, I store my car. It hasn't been on the road in a couple months. All of a sudden today I noticed moisture/condensation behind the glass of two of my 5 autometer gauges. How do I remove it and how th ehell did it get there?? Anyone experience this??

Second Place "Sanford Sound SLAP 2005" Mild 2-Door
http://www.sanfordsound.com/carwash2005.htm
Second Place "Scrapefest 2002" 2nd Gen Mild
1995 GS AT, 97-99 Conversion.
2000 BMW Z3 2.8
1999 Chevy K2500 crew cab
5 jets skis, 3 snowmobiles, 2 ATVs. BRAAP!
Member # 1147

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WickedESiJul-10-05 02:00 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#91308, "RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf"
In response to Reply # 0

I got some moisture in my center gauge pod before I blocked off the vents. Mine dried naturally.

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BOOSTED ECLIPSEJul-10-05 05:20 PM
Member since Sep 15th 2004
381 posts,
#91312, "RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf"
In response to Reply # 0
Jul-10-05 05:29 PM by BOOSTED ECLIPSE

Originally posted by jdpilot
So, I store my car. It hasn't been on the road in a couple months. All of a sudden today I noticed moisture/condensation behind the glass of two of my 5 autometer gauges. How do I remove it and how th ehell did it get there?? Anyone experience this??

Try parking the car in the sun for awhile with the windows down. Sometimes my egt gauge in my A pillar will fog up sometimes when I run the AC at night, but it goes away within a few minutes after turning the AC off.

Joe
MFG Racing

95 GS
MSnS
FP3052 coming soon.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1107

http://www.cardomain.com/id/95turbogs

ModeratorxcasbonxJul-11-05 03:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2874 posts,
#91336, "RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf"
In response to Reply # 2

I have this problem too. It sucks, but now that its warm out again they don't have moisture. I suppose one day I'll get new gauges, but until then, they do the job.

http://www.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=1030

everphatdustersJul-13-05 09:38 PM
Member since May 30th 2005
8 posts,
#91432, "RE: moisture in autometer gauges?? wtf"
In response to Reply # 3
Jul-13-05 09:44 PM by everphatdusters

check the back side of the gauge and see if there are any open holes. Plug em up with some good tape, that should take care of the moisture from coming back. If you can take apart the gauge itself and seal the glass to the trim ring. Beats buying new gauges!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #91307 Previous topic | Next topic