Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #913
View in linear mode

Subject: "head bolt retorque" Previous topic | Next topic
magnusApr-20-01 08:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#913, "head bolt retorque"

i just need to remove the valve cover to re torque the head bolts right. I havent put the new gasket or new head bolts on yet i just wanna make sure......Im getting prepared to do my own head gasket and timing belt..i cant afford the labor....$hit it cant be that hard,,,,,i mean how do they expect me to save up to buy a turbo when i need to replace the HG and get a new Timing belt @ 60,000mi......

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJasonESi_TApr-20-01 08:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#914, "RE: head bolt retorque"
In response to Reply # 0

LOL...

Just a quick question. Who's "they?" The mighty gods or "performance" or "fairness?"

Unfortunately, both of those entities are in reality called the "evil demons of Life is a Bitch."

Make sure you buy a set of service manuals. I obtained a set from ebay for about $20.

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-20-01 09:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#915, "RE: LOL"
In response to Reply # 1

That's funny Jason... Unfortunately also sad but true.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

SkrillaApr-20-01 02:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#916, "LMAO!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

XT_DSMApr-20-01 05:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#917, "RE: LMAO!!"
In response to Reply # 3

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

lol

anyway, to answer the guy's question. yes you can retorque the head bolts by just taking the valve cover off. I don't think you will need to retorque the head bolts if you were going to use the stock ones. check this post it might help
http://www.2gnt.com/dcforum/DCForumID13/1102.html#9

Adel

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #913 Previous topic | Next topic