Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #90874
View in linear mode

Subject: "Accel 24 lb or 26lb." Previous topic | Next topic
.bs0dJun-23-05 04:20 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90874, "Accel 24 lb or 26lb."

Im thinking of ordering new injectors- which should I get for now, the accel 24lb ? My mods are minimal but are listed below my signature. I cant remember what stock is, and i've heard not to go bigger if you're not turbo.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

prop7459Jun-23-05 04:54 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2004
139 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90875, "RE: Accel 24 lb or 26lb."
In response to Reply # 0

You surely heard right, you are no where near maxing out the stockers. The stockers work pretty well under 7lbs of boost. So think about your question again

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipsekaiserJun-24-05 12:43 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2375 posts,
#90880, "RE: Accel 24 lb or 26lb."
In response to Reply # 1

Stockers are rated at around 190cc according to HRC. I personally do not think they are capable to keep up with a boosted stage one kit witout running excess pressure. 24# injector be okay for your application.

-K-

TeamAvengerJun-24-05 07:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#90885, "RE: Accel 24 lb or 26lb."
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by eclipsekaiser
Stockers are rated at around 190cc according to HRC. I personally do not think they are capable to keep up with a boosted stage one kit witout running excess pressure. 24# injector be okay for your application.

No. Stay with stock injectors. 24lb/hr will run way too rich without anything for fuel control.

The only reason stock injectors work for boosted applications is because they are used in conjunction with a rising rate fpr with a 10:1 rise rate or better. Without such device there would be no way for adequate fuel delivery using the stock injectors.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

Teamner947Jun-24-05 10:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
#90887, "RE: Accel 24 lb or 26lb."
In response to Reply # 0
Jun-24-05 10:16 AM by ner947

If you have a minimal amount of mods, and your injectors have quite a few miles on them, try sending them to someone with a flow bench for cleaning. For a cleaning service plan on spending $15-25 an injector which is a lot cheaper than buying a new set. I have had injectors cleaned at RC Engineering, they did a good job and give you a little sheet of paper saying what was wrong with each injector and it's flow rate after cleaning. There are a lot of other places that can clean injectors too. A dirty injector which is dripping or not spraying what it should will impact power output and fuel economy.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

.bs0dJun-24-05 12:29 PM
Member since Jan 14th 2004
597 posts,
#90889, "RE: Accel 24 lb or 26lb."
In response to Reply # 4

thats more the answer what i was looking for. Thanks

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #90874 Previous topic | Next topic