Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #87362
View in linear mode

Subject: "spark plug nightmare" Previous topic | Next topic
GsupermanMar-21-05 09:40 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2005
60 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87362, "spark plug nightmare"

ok so i let me motor warm up then do a compression test from left to right 209 210 210 213. put plugs back in and it set for a while. my g/f wanted to see how it works so we pull plugs and do it again, put plugs back start car and hear ungodly knocking. so stop motor start again and it was still knocking pull plugs and number 3 was TKO. black as can be and the part that you move to gap was like a half an inch gap and pushed to the side. anyone know why this would happen i put new plug in and it ran fine after that. i have pics but dont know how to load them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

powelldsMar-21-05 10:20 PM
Member since Jul 06th 2003
916 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#87363, "RE: spark plug nightmare"
In response to Reply # 0

Were your eyes on your Girlfriend the whole time?? And did you piss her off at all when this happened?? J/k, I don't know about this one, the only thing I can think of is it got bent before you put it back in. That's all I can think of, but there are a ton of people here who know way more than I do.~Jeffo

Hey, have you seen my new tail lights? Yeah, cool huh, get used to looking at them.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

GsupermanMar-21-05 11:00 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2005
60 posts,
#87364, "RE: spark plug nightmare"
In response to Reply # 1

here is link to pics http://www.angelfire.com/oz2/99gs

mcgyvrMar-22-05 02:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#87365, "RE: spark plug nightmare"
In response to Reply # 2

only way to know is go get 4 new plugs/gap them correctly and put them back in. could have done that before they went back in. (I always recheck the gap right before the plug goes in if I ever reuse spark plugs)

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

madhatter210Mar-22-05 03:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#87366, "RE: spark plug nightmare"
In response to Reply # 3

not sure how this relates to turbo/nitruos tech but ....Is it possible it got cought up comming out and you didn't notice before you put it back in? Seems like what happened.And its not hard to do And you would need ten coils to try and fire that gap lol so explaining away the black and mis-fire on it. Also btw whats with the single firing tip, I thought it was a champion at first lol I didn't realize people still used those. j/k

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #87362 Previous topic | Next topic