Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #843
View in linear mode

Subject: "Injen CAI" Previous topic | Next topic
TalonApr-19-01 03:13 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#843, "Injen CAI"

Ok guys i have the injen short ram intake and want to get the cold air extension. is it really worth 80 dollars or should i save the money and use it for boring t/b or saving for turbo?

Talon
97'Talon Esi
Smokin' Honduh's All Day Long!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Injen CAI, 2GXTASY, Apr-19-01 05:00 AM, #1
RE: Injen CAI, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-19-01 06:13 AM, #2
RE: Injen CAI, Talon, Apr-19-01 01:34 PM, #3
      RE: Injen CAI, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-20-01 01:41 AM, #4
           I second that....., 2GXTASY, Apr-20-01 03:03 AM, #5
                RE: I second that....., jZa, Apr-22-01 09:59 AM, #6
                     RE: I second that....., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-23-01 02:56 AM, #7
                          RE: I second that....., Talon, Apr-23-01 04:18 AM, #8
                               RE: I second that....., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-23-01 06:12 AM, #9

2GXTASYApr-19-01 05:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#844, "RE: Injen CAI"
In response to Reply # 0

IF you're gonna get a turbo whats the point.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Boostin ASAP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-19-01 06:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#845, "RE: Injen CAI"
In response to Reply # 0

I love the extension on mine. Puts the filter right behind the drivers side opening next to the fog lights. But yeah if you are going turbo, the intake will be useless to you.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TalonApr-19-01 01:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#846, "RE: Injen CAI"
In response to Reply # 2

well i dont know now if i am going to get one. it will be a big investment if i do. i dont know if i amready to make that big of a money pit at age 19. i have the money but college and life....
i am going to get cam gears and get my t/b bored. also i want to get a SAFC that way if i do decide to get a star stage II i already have it.

any others mods that i can do without turbo ???
i want oracle's tranny hehehe

Talon
97'Talon Esi

TeamMichael_97RSApr-20-01 01:41 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#847, "RE: Injen CAI"
In response to Reply # 3

Get a UDP, the biggest improvement for the money $160 for 12 hp.

Another cheap mod is a GS-T muffler. the GS-T exhaust is the same piping cat and back, just a better muffler. you can pick a used one up for $50 to $100. Or a perfomance muffler. I'm holding off on putting a cat-back on until I have more mods and really need the extra flow.

You'l like the bored TB too, helps the nice intake sounds and adds some power. So if you are unsure on if or when you are goin turbo I say get the extension pipe, the UDP, a GS-T Muffler, S-AFC and lean out your fuel curve for more power, an dif you have another few hundred to spend a header. And that will get you off to a good start.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

2GXTASYApr-20-01 03:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
84 posts,
#848, "I second that....."
In response to Reply # 4

UPD is probably the best mod for the money for an NT.

2GXTASY
-99 Mitsushi RS
-Northstar White
-Boostin ASAP

jZaApr-22-01 09:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1130 posts,
#849, "RE: I second that....."
In response to Reply # 5

i read a post at dsmtalk about a guy with a gs-t putting a cai and he said the turbo spooled faster.
but 80 bux is a rip off man, its just a little pipe really. you could get a whoe cai from eBay for like 75 and either sell yours or keep yours and seel the long part and filter off the new one, stop paying for name
i got my whole set-up for like 130 w/ bypass valve, came with chrome plated pipes, only thing is it came with a chep filter, now k and n. i got mine from www.advanceimport.com, not sure if the eBay ones are any diff.

javi d
vroom n' boom
bone-stock dsm performance

jZa
IHS # fo-six-fo-six

"real men don't ride stick"

TeamMichael_97RSApr-23-01 02:56 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#850, "RE: I second that....."
In response to Reply # 6

BTW guys, the extension pipe is only $65 from RRE. which puts the whole system at $210 which is the same price as any of the other Cold Air Intakes.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

TalonApr-23-01 04:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
258 posts,
#851, "RE: I second that....."
In response to Reply # 7

hehehe yeah i forgot to check a price before i started this post. Is there a way to get the aem bypass and mount it where the filter mounts on the short ram then connect the cold air extension to the other side of the bypass ???
thanks for info

Talon
97'Talon Esi

TeamMichael_97RSApr-23-01 06:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#852, "RE: I second that....."
In response to Reply # 8

Just get the AEM in the right diameter (I think 3") Just measure the diameter of the pipe and order the bypass from AEM, and put it between the where the two pipes meet.

Michael J. Kulaga

Firefly:

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #843 Previous topic | Next topic