Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #83212
View in linear mode

Subject: "your opion on intake and gas mileage" Previous topic | Next topic
kongoslimDec-05-04 07:30 AM
Member since Nov 06th 2004
24 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83212, "your opion on intake and gas mileage"

I have a freind who runs of at the mouth anyway, we were talking about the crappy fuel milage I get. He said to take the hose from the engine block that goes into the air intake (its a fake v2 from ebay)and put a filter on both pieces. what do u guys think?

need answers no smart coments about typoes please.

need more power http://www.myspace.com/reddex_rose

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, tim97rs, Dec-05-04 07:53 AM, #1
RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, talonguy2005, Dec-05-04 07:58 AM, #2
RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, turbo8u, Dec-05-04 08:00 AM, #3
      RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, kongoslim, Dec-05-04 08:20 AM, #4
           RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, turbo8u, Dec-05-04 08:57 AM, #5
                RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, kongoslim, Dec-05-04 09:29 AM, #6
                     RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, tim97rs, Dec-05-04 11:21 AM, #7
                          RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, 96eclipse2nr, Dec-05-04 11:31 AM, #8
                          RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, kongoslim, Dec-05-04 04:57 PM, #9
                          RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, ModeratorDR1665v2, Dec-06-04 02:25 PM, #12
                               RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, kongoslim, Dec-07-04 07:17 AM, #13
                          RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, madhatter210, Dec-05-04 05:13 PM, #10
                               RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, tim97rs, Dec-05-04 07:12 PM, #11
                               RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, optimuspeterson, Dec-07-04 04:52 PM, #14
                                    RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, kongoslim, Dec-08-04 06:03 AM, #15
                                         RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, Blizare, Dec-08-04 09:10 AM, #17
                               RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, WIDECLIPSE, Dec-08-04 08:52 AM, #16
                                    RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, tim97rs, Dec-08-04 09:30 AM, #18
                                         RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, ModeratorDR1665v2, Dec-08-04 10:16 AM, #19
                                              RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, Ark, Dec-08-04 10:18 AM, #20
                                                   RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage, Blizare, Dec-08-04 06:36 PM, #21

tim97rsDec-05-04 07:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#83213, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-05-04 07:53 AM by tim97rs

this aint a smart answer about typo's, this is a smart answer about your inability to sound intelligent enough to ask a simple question that someone might want to waste thier time on trying to decipher what the fuck your trying to ask in order to give you an answer.

Every question i have read of yours is a complete mauling of the english language. Have some freakin pride, man! learn how to spell and type. they have a great program at your local elementry school!!!
your questions are not that stupid (in so much as i can decipher them), but the way you present them is!
you honestly sound like mentaly challeneged person who bangs their helmeted head on ths side of the short bus while riding to day care!

just take a few minutes longer to use an internet dictionary and spell check yourself...i will even give ya the link.

http://www.m-w.com/

USED TO HAVE...Everything you wish you had, and then some...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

talonguy2005Dec-05-04 07:58 AM
Member since May 16th 2004
1473 posts,
#83214, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 1

maybe he is from a foreign country, and is still learning the english language

1992 Plymouth Laser
-Bone stock for now.

turbo8uDec-05-04 08:00 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#83215, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 1
Dec-05-04 08:01 AM by turbo8u

Originally posted by tim97rs
learn how to spell and type. they have a great program at your local elementry school!!!

OWNED! lol and just when the ownage couldnt get any better....

Originally posted by tim97rs you honestly sound like mentaly challeneged person who bangs their helmeted head on ths side of the short bus while riding to day care!

LMFAO! tim you're hilarious man

no offense to the poster of this thread but dayyummm i smell ownage

Originally posted by talonguy2005

bingo!

City: new orleans

lol jk

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

kongoslimDec-05-04 08:20 AM
24 posts,
#83217, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 3

dude why u always try to give me a hard time? lack of sex? finding out your brother is your father, is just to much to take if you've done any engine work you would have atleast an idea what I'm talking about.By the looks of thing's you don't. you never answer any question or even ask me to clear thing up, instead you act like a english teacher. stop posting if your not helping dont add your 2 cents.

turbo8uDec-05-04 08:57 AM
Member since Jun 15th 2003
10552 posts,
#83218, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 4

ok here:

the hose you're talking about is called a breather tube, the 420a has a positive crankcase and so combustion gas and oil blows by the rings and into the head, out the breather. stock it blows back into the intake to burn up on the next combustion but it also clogs up your intake manifold and combustion chamber with carbon deposits. putting another breather filter on the end of the line and capping the hole in the intake will prevent this and your engine will work to burn some of that excess carbon out of its system, however with the egr still hooked up you wont prevent this entirely. anyway my point is i dont think it will improve gas mileage persay, but i guess if you have incredible amounts of blowby it could hinder performance and lead to detonation or excessive ecu timing control? sheesh man, i really dont know WHAT your friend was talking about, but then again...neither did he.

get a crankscraper, it bumped my gas mileage up a little bit

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

96 Black ESi
91 Red TSI AWD (RIP)
02 WRX

"turnin wrenches for nine hours in the pouring rain, just to get the beast up and running again"

Aerospace Certified TIG welder for Precision Castparts in Portland, OR.

JoshSpair.com

kongoslimDec-05-04 09:29 AM
24 posts,
#83219, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 5
Dec-05-04 09:30 AM by kongoslim

thanks man my, freind most of time talks crazy wasn't sure it would have helped.I'm leaving it alone.

tim97rsDec-05-04 11:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#83220, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 6
Dec-05-04 11:33 AM by tim97rs

Originally posted by talonguy2005

naw, despite my seemingly ruthless attitude, i did check on that in another post before i opened up...see, i do have a heart.
this guy's just plain unedjookated.

Originally posted by kongoslim
if you've done any engine work you would have atleast an idea what I'm talking about.By the looks of thing's you don't.

how the fuck do you expect me or anyone else to "have an idea what your taking about" when you can't even convay your question in a manner that demonstrates that YOU have an idea of what your talking about?
and as far as "by the looks of things":
my engine bay with everything done by me! So yea junior, i've turned a wrench or two...

You are somebody special Tim, you matter! - from the admins (but nobody likes you, because your username is just like that other guy's, and you whine a lot)

96eclipse2nrDec-05-04 11:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#83221, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 7

yes, all it does is dispell hot trash gasses and blowby back into your intake tract for emissions crap. i removed my hose, got a filter to on on the barb comming out of the VC, and just found a rubber cap to go over the barb on my intake. while your at it, if you can get away with it (dont have to do the sniffer) remove your EGR system, this again routes hot exhaust gasses, carbon, and oil back into your intake manifold. youll see its the hard pipe that attatches to the back of the intake manifold, just to the left of the TB. take off your intake mani and plenium and youll see how much this thing sucks. i took me 3 cans of carb cleaner to clean all the muck outta my manifold. i removed mine, blocked everything off with plates and havent looked back since. not only do you no longer have trash blowing into your intake, but your charge temps are much much cooler now that exhaust isnt being routed...nixing your CAI.

and yes, our cars get kidna crappy gas mielage, since we run so rich...that and our cars are heavy as fuck for the size that we are. its somethig youll just have to live to learn with for the most part

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

kongoslimDec-05-04 04:57 PM
24 posts,
#83230, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 8
Dec-05-04 05:02 PM by kongoslim

thanks.
not to happy about taking intake off but, what the hell I'll try.

p.s.
tim nice engine, you say you done it yourself good for you. One thing 2 people answer the question no problem, infact someone always is able to answer the question but you. And you said you've done the work yourself. Hmmmmm

I dont think so.Try again found another newbie to ride stay of my threads please. Because by the looks of things you should reading not type because out of 2 post you haven't said a thing about the problem all you talk about is english lessons.

ModeratorDR1665v2Dec-06-04 02:25 PM
Member since Sep 07th 2004
1223 posts,
#83247, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 8

Originally posted by 96eclipse2nr
cars get kidna crappy gas mielage, since we run so rich...that and our cars are heavy as fuck for the size that we are. its somethig youll just have to live to learn with for the most part

Learn to live with? Are you guys all a bunch of lead footed slushbox equipped bitch-shifters? I've never in over 8 years of owning this car got less than 400 miles on a single tank of gas. Back in September, I squeezed 510mi out of a tank. That's about 35mpg any way you cut it. Weight and stock fuel trims aside (since we're all pretty much the same around here), the most common factor in shitty gas mileage is poor grammar. LOL! Actually, it's driver style. You got a heavy foot kid. You'll blow yourself apart.

*And seriously, take a moment to look over what you type before you post. If the things you've said in this thread looked good to you, then you really ought to smack your English teacher... hard. You know that typing with the CAPS LOCK on makes you look like you're shouting, right? It stands to reason that posting half assed, poorly contructed (at best) jibberish like you've demonstrated here which lacks any semblance of even the easiest of capitalization rules (i.e., the first word in any sentence) only makes you look about as smart as a 10mm socket.

If you don't want people calling you an idiot, make an effort to not be one...

"By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
- Confucius

kongoslimDec-07-04 07:17 AM
24 posts,
#83258, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 12

yea true, but that 10mm is very useful.

you would n't start without it.

madhatter210Dec-05-04 05:13 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2720 posts,
#83232, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 7

Originally posted by talonguy2005 maybe he is from a foreign country, and is still learning the english language
naw, despite my seemingly ruthless attitude, i did check on that in another post before i opened up...see, i do have a heart. this guy's just plain unedjookated.
Originally posted by kongoslim if you've done any engine work you would have atleast an idea what I'm talking about.By the looks of thing's you don't.
i've turned a wrench or two...
pfffht photochop imo ........lol... nice man looks like you did a nice job! I'm thinking a wrench or 3 even

http://www.murderpimp.com

2gnt T-shirts&swag
http://www.cafepress.com/mads

tim97rsDec-05-04 07:12 PM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#83234, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 10
Dec-05-04 07:31 PM by tim97rs

thanks. not to happy about taking intake off but, what the hell I'll try. p.s. tim nice engine, you say you done it yourself good for you. One thing 2 people answer the question no problem, infact someone always is able to answer the question but you. And you said you've done the work yourself. Hmmmmm I dont think so.Try again found another newbie to ride stay of my threads please. Because by the looks of things you should reading not type because out of 2 post you haven't said a thing about the problem all you talk about is english lessons.

so i never help with the problem huh....okay....
here ya go...as long as you meet the requirements for use.

http://www.study.com/

PS - thanx for the negative feedback. i wondered who my first one would come from. however, you're still an idiot.

optimuspetersonDec-07-04 04:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
#83267, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 11

Jeez, just proof read what you write before you post man. You seriously don't understand what it is like trying to read your posts. Or better yet, have your mom proof read everytime you think about posting that way you won't get bashed. Reading your posts are like taking classes from those TA's that don't speak english but still know what they are talking about, but in this case you really don't have a grasp on what you are talking about.

And as for Tim not working on his own engine. I will personally stand up for him and say that he has done all or atleast the majority on his own.

Tim (member 167) > you (member 7262). He has more knowledge on the edge of his fingertips about these cars than you could probably take in.

So that is me trying to tell you where he is coming from. No one else has the testicular fortitude to say anything.

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

kongoslimDec-08-04 06:03 AM
24 posts,
#83270, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 14

Ok I think I found the problem, my norton doesn't agree with any forum. So what I see and what you get may be to different things

thank for the info.

BlizareDec-08-04 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#83272, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 15
Dec-08-04 09:10 AM by Blizare

Ok I think I found the problem, my norton doesn't agree with any forum. So what I see and what you get may be to different things thank for the info.

Sorry dOod. But you don't come in here asking a stupidly worded question, too a lot of people who "KNOW" what they're talking about and not look like a fuckin idiot doing so.

you can't even spell opinion

Tiger says:

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

WIDECLIPSEDec-08-04 08:52 AM
Member since Apr 14th 2004
1528 posts,
#83271, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 10

Originally posted by madhatter210
Originally posted by talonguy2005 maybe he is from a foreign country, and is still learning the english language
naw, despite my seemingly ruthless attitude, i did check on that in another post before i opened up...see, i do have a heart. this guy's just plain unedjookated.
Originally posted by kongoslim if you've done any engine work you would have atleast an idea what I'm talking about.By the looks of thing's you don't.
i've turned a wrench or two...
pfffht photochop imo ........lol... nice man looks like you did a nice job! I'm thinking a wrench or 3 even

ehh...My grandma could have done that, and she don't have any fingers.

-Roman

tim97rsDec-08-04 09:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
4255 posts,
#83273, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 16

Ok I think I found the problem, my norton doesn't agree with any forum. So what I see and what you get may be to different things thank for the info.

huh?

ModeratorDR1665v2Dec-08-04 10:16 AM
Member since Sep 07th 2004
1223 posts,
#83279, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 18

Originally posted by kongoslim Ok I think I found the problem, my norton doesn't agree with any forum. So what I see and what you get may be to different things thank for the info.
huh?

LMFAO, Tim.

I came in here about an hour ago and saw that. I have no idea what the fuck it means. Wait till you see where I paged you elsewhere in this forum. Your unique talent is being called upon, sir.

(You shoudl have kept that exhaust. It would make a sweet BANME! basher.)

"By three methods we may learn wisdom:
First, by reflection, which is noblest;
Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
and third by experience, which is the bitterest."
- Confucius

ArkDec-08-04 10:18 AM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#83280, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 19
Dec-08-04 10:18 AM by Ark

I replaced the WTF?! key on my keyboard when I couldn't get www.google.com to load one time. The guys at OfficeMax just laughed at me. Do I have to replace my engine now?

forums.kaptainmyke.com/index.php?&act=garage&CODE=12&CID=8
- AGP CAI
- AGP EVM
- MOPAR Stage 1 ECU
- 500cc Injectors

And he wonders why he couldn't make her happy...and someone obviously hasnt moved on. lol

BlizareDec-08-04 06:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
7595 posts,
#83296, "RE: your opion on intake and gas mileage"
In response to Reply # 20

Originally posted by Ark
Do I have to replace my engine now?

no, you should be ok sir. :thumsup

I eat emo kids for breakfast

1995 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
72' SuperBeetle
72' Standard Beetle
56' Deluxe Beetle

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #83212 Previous topic | Next topic