Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #80002
View in linear mode

Subject: "Miss-fire HELP" Previous topic | Next topic
1997DOHCeclipseSep-02-04 12:20 PM
Member since Aug 17th 2004
4 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80002, "Miss-fire HELP"

When i drive my car after starting it, its fine but once a stop and sit for a sec. it wants to idle at 1000 on down to 700 and then back up. when i try to puch it and go hard, its like something is holding me back, its not gettin off the line and goin like it used to. i think that its the fuel injectors myself, but please give me your input. And what is the average mileage on fuel injectors??
Thanks
Matt

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

EclipsedChefSep-02-04 12:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
987 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#80003, "RE: Miss-fire HELP"
In response to Reply # 0

first of all, SEARCH for missfiring problems because they come around every week. If you research the name REV_GSlow you'll find pages and pages of posts about missfiring/hesitation/stuttering. Anyways, first of all check plugs and wires, they are always the first to go. Tell us what you've done to try and solve the problem too.

Aem Cold Air AFX 55mm TB
Fidanza Cam Gears NGK Wires
AFX UDP Greddy Header
Gutted Cat Greddy Evo Catback
Energy Suspension MMI Eibach Sportlines
Tokico Blues...always more to come

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ArkSep-02-04 12:31 PM
Member since Aug 31st 2004
1570 posts,
#80004, "RE: Miss-fire HELP"
In response to Reply # 0

Originally posted by 1997DOHCeclipse
i think that its the fuel injectors myself, but please give me your input. And what is the average mileage on fuel injectors?? Thanks Matt

My turbo Segway was doing the same thing but basic upkeep got it running good again.

Plugs, wires, test coil pack, clean your IAC.

1997DOHCeclipseSep-02-04 12:54 PM
Member since Aug 17th 2004
4 posts,
#80008, "RE: Miss-fire HELP"
In response to Reply # 2

It cant be the plugs, i just put brand new ones in. in addition to thinking it was the injectors kinda thought it was the IAC, looked it up in a Haynes. could i just go to the dealership and get them to clean it?? would it be wise to change the injectors anyways? they have 100000+ miles on them. ive tried to find out the average expected miles on injectors.
Thanks
Matt

eclipticriderSep-02-04 04:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#80021, "RE: Miss-fire HELP"
In response to Reply # 3

I've got 150K on mine and their fine... i just make sure not to run the gas too low cuz doin' that tends to pull dirt/debris in tank...

try some fuel injector cleaner and see if that helps any if not then make sure your plug wires are good I've had one go bad and it'd mess everything up...

WTB: Dodge Omni

http://www.geocities.com/shadyporshe851proof/frame_content/indexframe.html

mods: PT Cruiser clutch + 60mm tb + crank scraper the normal mods, bass, lights n all the rest...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #80002 Previous topic | Next topic