Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #721
View in linear mode

Subject: "AEM replacement filter" Previous topic | Next topic
lbogianiApr-16-01 02:04 PM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#721, "AEM replacement filter"

Anyone know where I can get an air filter for my AEM CAI cheap? Will a K&N fit? I have the one that came with it but I wanna have an extra one since I want to wash the one i got. It's been on for about a year or more now so it needs a cleaning bad. I use my car a lot so just want to be able to swap the dirty one, put in the clean one instead of having to wait out till the dirty one gets dried b4 i can drive the car. Does AEM sell just the filter..anyone know their homepage?
Thanx
Louis

AEM Cai, GST Muffler, AFX pulley

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-16-01 02:10 PM

#722, "RE: AEM replacement filter"
In response to Reply # 0

It only takes about 20-30 minutes total to clean the filter. Get the K&N cleaning kit and follow the directions. BTW a new filter will cost $50-$60. I had to get one after my accident. The old one fell off and got smushed.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

WillApr-16-01 02:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
153 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#723, "RE: AEM replacement filter"
In response to Reply # 1

You can get the filter at www.carparts.com

Will
99 Black GS

----------
Will
99 GS - Sold
05 G35C
2GNT Member #51

GSsportApr-17-01 07:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
109 posts,
#724, "RE: AEM replacement filter"
In response to Reply # 2

You went a whole year without cleaning it? Wow that seems like a really long time to me. I clean mine every 3,000 miles during my oil change. You can actually feel the difference after it's cleaned. I bet you will feel the difference, that thing must really full of dirt and not getting much air through.

lbogianiApr-17-01 12:52 PM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
#725, "RE: AEM replacement filter"
In response to Reply # 3

Yeah I know, its been a while...I thought it might take longer to dry off but if its only like 20 min. then its all good, i'll try it out this weekend, hopefuly its not torn after a year or more of not even looking at it..
Thanx

lbogianiApr-18-01 01:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
#726, "RE: AEM replacement filter"
In response to Reply # 4

Just finished cleaning it, didnt take long at all..and yes it was filthy!...after i sprayed the k&n cleaner the dirt just started to pour....i didn't know my filter was blue not black hehe...all sort of little bugs in it too.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #721 Previous topic | Next topic