Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #708
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone have a diagram of ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Fast420AApr-16-01 01:05 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#708, "Anyone have a diagram of ..."

The layout of the ECU wires and what they are and the layout of the Neon ECU and what the wires are?

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Anyone have a diagram of ..., mkerley, Apr-17-01 12:39 AM, #1
RE: Anyone have a diagram of ..., Fast420A, Apr-17-01 05:37 AM, #2
RE: Anyone have a diagram of ..., domr, Apr-17-01 10:50 AM, #4
RE: Actually....., TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-17-01 06:58 AM, #3
Basically what I am thinking. . ., Fast420A, Apr-17-01 02:12 PM, #5
      RE: Basically what I am thinking. . ., vector_racing, Apr-18-01 07:19 AM, #6
           RE: Basically what I am thinking. . ., Fast420A, Apr-18-01 09:44 AM, #7
                RE: Basically what I am thinking. . ., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-18-01 10:02 AM, #8
                     The last I heard was..., Fast420A, Apr-18-01 12:50 PM, #9

mkerleyApr-17-01 12:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
944 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#709, "RE: Anyone have a diagram of ..."
In response to Reply # 0

I have the service manual which gives the location of the Eclipse ECU wires. Are there any certain wires you need?

99GS MT | Star Stage 2 | GC coilovers | HurriganeGS tie bars | Tokico Illuminas | 17x7 Enkei RS5 | Baer track brakes |+

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Fast420AApr-17-01 05:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#710, "RE: Anyone have a diagram of ..."
In response to Reply # 1

I am trying to see if it would be possible to buy a neon ECU wire harness and cut and splice my wires to it so I can run the AFX Neon Race Computer. I know, I know thats a lot of work but I like the idea of 8100 rpm redline and more torque and hp all through the powerband. I think it would be worth the work, but thats just me.

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

domrApr-17-01 10:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
107 posts,
#711, "RE: Anyone have a diagram of ..."
In response to Reply # 1

i have the pdf file of the technical manual. is that the same thing? could you tell me what page the ecu diagram is on? i can't find it in there. thanks.

dom

TeamMichael_97RSApr-17-01 06:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#712, "RE: Actually....."
In response to Reply # 0

A guy with a Neon ACR was on the board not too long ago lookign for advice on hooking up an S-AFC. And he said it looks like the pin lay out for our ECU's are identicle. BUt that doesn't mean the code is compatible. So be careful if you try this. I have both service manuals (I also own a 95 Neon Sport) If I have some free time I'll look... (I don't promise on getting any free time though).

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Fast420AApr-17-01 02:12 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#713, "Basically what I am thinking. . ."
In response to Reply # 3

is that if all the wires are the same but in different positions, then it should be a "quick" cut and re-crimp install. I wonder if AFX would be able to answer if this was possible at all.

vector_racingApr-18-01 07:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
393 posts,
#714, "RE: Basically what I am thinking. . ."
In response to Reply # 5

If it was just the wiring, wouldn't afx release it for the eclipse as well?
Just a thought?

www.vectorracing.com

Fast420AApr-18-01 09:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#715, "RE: Basically what I am thinking. . ."
In response to Reply # 6

If they did release one for the eclipse, how many people would buy one?

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-18-01 10:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#716, "RE: Basically what I am thinking. . ."
In response to Reply # 7

From what i understand, they ARE making one for the Eclipse.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Fast420AApr-18-01 12:50 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#717, "The last I heard was..."
In response to Reply # 8

That they were thinking about it. I would get one for sure if they made one.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #708 Previous topic | Next topic