Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #68214
View in linear mode

Subject: "4g64 swap in a 2gnt????" Previous topic | Next topic
SilverEclipseGsFeb-10-04 11:49 PM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
32 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68214, "4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"

Is this possible? I mean I've read that it is, and all I would need is new motor mounts, but what I want to know exactly is if it possible to get the motor from the spyder so I can swap on the 4g63 head that I have laying around from a friend of mine. I looked around here and I didnt get a very clear answer. I know that it is possible to swap the motors from the cloud cars ( Sirrus, Stratus and so on .)

Any answers would be great, I'm doing some further research into it but I'm hellas tired and I need sleep, lol.

Terry
1999 Eclipse Gs
Mods: CAI, Apexi N1, Trans-Go Shift Kit
Waiting: Apexi SAFC, 310 Injectors, money

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, TXrepresent, Feb-11-04 05:18 AM, #1
RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, mcgyvr, Feb-11-04 07:22 AM, #2
RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Feb-11-04 07:30 AM, #3
      RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, silvreclipsers, Feb-11-04 07:38 AM, #4
           RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, JWoodley, Feb-11-04 12:26 PM, #5
                RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, Uberingram, Feb-11-04 02:20 PM, #6
                     RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, Justin99RS, Feb-11-04 02:23 PM, #7
                          RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, WickedESi, Feb-11-04 02:38 PM, #8
RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, alain95i4, Feb-11-04 02:43 PM, #9
      RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, TXrepresent, Feb-12-04 11:35 AM, #10
RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, TeamMichael_97RS, Feb-12-04 11:43 AM, #11
RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, Skrilla, Feb-12-04 12:33 PM, #12
      RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, bigmcell, Feb-13-04 11:11 AM, #13
           RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, a_miller_76, Feb-13-04 11:15 AM, #14
           RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, BlueMoonEclipse, Feb-14-04 08:06 PM, #15
           RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, EclipseRST, Feb-14-04 08:19 PM, #16
                RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, bigmcell, Feb-16-04 11:46 AM, #17
                     RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????, MR BLUNT 2gnt, Feb-17-04 02:09 PM, #18

TXrepresentFeb-11-04 05:18 AM
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68215, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 0

Look on the www.asog.net website. Many of the Avengers there have done what you are about to do and could easily help you out.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

mcgyvrFeb-11-04 07:22 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3121 posts,
#68218, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by TXrepresent
Look on the www.asog.net website. Many of the Avengers there have done what you are about to do and could easily help you out.

WHAT, what ASOG are you looking at, no one has swapped the 4g64 into their cars

WHY would you want to

1998 dodge avenger 4 cyl AT
Mods are:
Not enough

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneFeb-11-04 07:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#68219, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 2

I'll just say NO to this question. NO.

You want a 2.4L in your car? Use one that mostly fits and faces the right direction.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

silvreclipsersFeb-11-04 07:38 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1756 posts,
#68222, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 3

don't waste your time

JWoodleyFeb-11-04 12:26 PM
Member since Mar 27th 2003
2335 posts,
#68236, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 4

I'd suggest looking to howell or fty for a larger displacement motor. I know for a fact the 4g64 will not be a good idea in a NT car. However, if you had the turbo model you could but the 4g64 bottom end on your stock head and have a nice setup.

www.roadraceengineering.com

^ I think i saw it there.....

UberingramFeb-11-04 02:20 PM
Donating 2GNT member
10001 posts,
#68244, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 5

Things we've seen before! Read it!

Justin99RSFeb-11-04 02:23 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1594 posts,
#68245, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 6

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'99 RS
gone, never forgotten

'03 BMW 330i 5speed

'00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7

WickedESiFeb-11-04 02:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3090 posts,
#68248, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 7

Wowzers!

Joel Baldridge, ASE Certified Master Technician, Audi Certified Expert Technician

alain95i4Feb-11-04 02:43 PM
Member since Jan 28th 2002
794 posts,
#68249, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 1

Originally posted by TXrepresent

What kind of pervert weirdos do you think that we are at ASOG

We don't need to stikin 4g64 engines

Alain

one of the 2.4 true pionners

TXrepresentFeb-12-04 11:35 AM
541 posts,
#68311, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 9

Originally posted by alain95i4
Originally posted by TXrepresent Look on the www.asog.net website. Many of the Avengers there have done what you are about to do and could easily help you out.
What kind of pervert weirdos do you think that we are at ASOG We don't need to stikin 4g64 engines Alain

Oops, my bad. Just many people are swapping over to yalls lousy V6. I just get the engine numbers mixed up.

TeamMichael_97RSFeb-12-04 11:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#68312, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have the energy to read the answers already given.

Anything is possible.

But I'd rather run head-first into a concrete wall covered in shit, than do the amount of work it would take to get it right.

Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com
una salus victus
It's holding down the garage floor right now.

SkrillaFeb-12-04 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#68315, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 11

Originally posted by Michael_97RS
I don't have the energy to read the answers already given. Anything is possible. But I'd rather run head-first into a concrete wall covered in shit, than do the amount of work it would take to get it right. Exile Racing Technologies: http://www.exileracing.com una salus victus It's holding down the garage floor right now.

BUWAAAAHAHAHAHAH

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

bigmcellFeb-13-04 11:11 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2003
306 posts,
#68369, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 12

Hey bro, I hear ya. I have a 2gnt also with the 420a motor. I called a place in Rochester, NY (im just south of there) and they quoted me at 4 grand to swap the 4g63 turbo motor, tranny, gauges, and boost controller. Relatively possible in my opinion since it includes parts and labor. They said it would be 1 entire month for the conversion. So we'll see. Anybody got any comments on that, leave em. I'd be happy to answer any questions/

been awhile.

a_miller_76Feb-13-04 11:15 AM
Donating 2GNT member
9515 posts,
#68370, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 13

Originally posted by bigmcell
Hey bro, I hear ya. I have a 2gnt also with the 420a motor. I called a place in Rochester, NY (im just south of there) and they quoted me at 4 grand to swap the 4g63 turbo motor, tranny, gauges, and boost controller. Relatively possible in my opinion since it includes parts and labor. They said it would be 1 entire month for the conversion. So we'll see. Anybody got any comments on that, leave em. I'd be happy to answer any questions/

:rolleye :rolleye :rolleye :rolleye :rolleye :rolleye :rolleye

BlueMoonEclipseFeb-14-04 08:06 PM
Member since Sep 25th 2003
1352 posts,
#68433, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"

So not worth it....

hmmm lets se plop 4k into your car and see what you got

1k upper valvetrain upgrade from howell auto
1k for upgraded pistons/bearings/rings/rods if you search and find good prices
2k left to turbo

My 2.4 build (the ENGINE...not the turbo part) is costing me WAY way less

EclipseRSTFeb-14-04 08:19 PM
Member since Apr 17th 2002
5394 posts,
#68436, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"

Originally posted by bigmcell

The ONLY time I EVER tell anyone to sell their car and buy a turbo DSM is when they ask this question. You'll save hundreds of dollars on advil for your headaches if you just sold your car and bought a turboed 2G.

HAVE: '04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G

bigmcellFeb-16-04 11:46 AM
Member since Nov 24th 2003
306 posts,
#68550, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 16
Feb-16-04 11:47 AM by bigmcell

Well i pondered that, selling my car and buying one. but a shop i know can do this. and i figured it'd be easier for me to do this. plus i love what ive done to my car, all the work on the interior and exterior, i dont think i could ever sell her! but hey either way i get boosted, so its hot

been awhile.

MR BLUNT 2gntFeb-17-04 02:09 PM
Member since Mar 20th 2002
793 posts,
#68652, "RE: 4g64 swap in a 2gnt????"
In response to Reply # 17

not to mention the fact you can save a ton of money on the stuff we have to do to our cars that are already done to the gst. the factory ecu retarding timing per cylinder. dont know many of us here that have this option w/o the J&S. Just one example. Plus the man John Shep can build those trannies to hold tons of power, where as ours sux to rebuild and i dont think the availablity of double syncros and billet shift rails is out there. do not do a 4g63 swap. your getting a stock 210 hp engine for 4 grand! you get get a rb20 front clip for 3K! its so not worth it. spend 1500 on a motor rebuild and the extra 2500 on a turbo kit and you'll eat stock 4g63's all day. just trying to save you the disappointment. didn't even mention crankwalk did i? enough said

400whp or bust.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #68214 Previous topic | Next topic