Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #66267
View in linear mode

Subject: "surface to work on" Previous topic | Next topic
enhanceJan-10-04 09:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
246 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66267, "surface to work on"

Allright.........I've started on the removal of my engine. So far I all I have done is the labeling and removal of my wiring harnesses and obvious things are out of the way (battery, intake, etc.)

Now a question about putting something under the car engine area so I can raise it and put jackstands under it. I'm working on the car in my backyard which is grass. I'll need to put something under there to work on. What would be good........like buy a sheet of a certain kind of wood....or something???????

Any input on this.......thanks guys.

Tony

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: surface to work on, foggy45, Jan-10-04 12:21 PM, #1
RE: surface to work on, TeamDR1665, Jan-10-04 06:29 PM, #2
RE: surface to work on, thedawg, Jan-13-04 09:57 AM, #3
RE: surface to work on, Skrilla, Jan-13-04 10:29 AM, #4
      RE: surface to work on, blckeclipse95, Jan-13-04 02:51 PM, #5
           RE: surface to work on, enhance, Jan-13-04 03:34 PM, #6
                RE: surface to work on, AdministratorCODE4, Jan-13-04 04:02 PM, #7
RE: surface to work on, 95_ESi_Person, Jan-13-04 04:11 PM, #8

foggy45Jan-10-04 12:21 PM
Member since Dec 28th 2003
1032 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66268, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 0

:wary
go to the scrap yard and fine yourself some steel plate.
i wouldnt trust myself onder anything that has the possibility of shifting and colapsing.

IMO id find a garage from a buddy, or at least somthing with concrete
good luck
just make sure it dosent move!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamDR1665Jan-10-04 06:29 PM
Donating 2GNT member
14692 posts,
#66296, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 0

You will need something solid under your jackstands so they won't sink into the ground unevenly, become unstable, drop the car, causing a brake rotor assembly to land on your chest, causing a slow, painful suffocation from your lungs being ruptured and filled with blood. I would highly suggest maybe picking up a couple concrete paving stones (like for in the garden) and putting them on top of similar pieces of wood, then setting the jackstands on top of those reinforced pads.

thedawgJan-13-04 09:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#66457, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 2

Concrete is like $2/bag. Buy some.

SkrillaJan-13-04 10:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#66458, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 3

Originally posted by thedawg
Concrete is like $2/bag. Buy some.

Exactly

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

blckeclipse95Jan-13-04 02:51 PM
Member since Aug 10th 2003
389 posts,
#66469, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 4

Hey i saw that you are foom Statesboro. Are you taking the car apart in Statesboro too?

USMC Semper Fi

enhanceJan-13-04 03:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
246 posts,
#66472, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 5

Yeah..........I'm in downtown Statesboro. Across from the huge Baptist Church on East Main.

And putting concrete isn't an option in my backyard.......I rent.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tony

AdministratorCODE4Jan-13-04 04:02 PM
Member since Nov 23rd 2003
2552 posts,
#66473, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 6

make a slab of concrete then lay it down in the backyard =]

---

2012 2500HD LML

95_ESi_PersonJan-13-04 04:11 PM
Member since Sep 16th 2002
3260 posts,
#66474, "RE: surface to work on"
In response to Reply # 2

Originally posted by DR1665
You will need something solid under your jackstands so they won't sink into the ground unevenly, become unstable, drop the car, causing a brake rotor assembly to land on your chest, causing a slow, painful suffocation from your lungs being ruptured and filled with blood..

holy fucking shit man!!! that's a little grim... but can be true... you make a good point and the darkness of it just drives it home.

I personally do all of my car work in the garage (no rain, wind, snow, AND it's a flat surface with lights)

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #66267 Previous topic | Next topic