Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #650
View in linear mode

Subject: "Timing Belt Clicking?" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckApr-14-01 04:09 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#650, "Timing Belt Clicking?"

The dealer change my belt, Water pump, and head gasket at 56k when I bought it. Since they changed it, I noticed a ticking sound from the top of the black plastic cover that goes over the timing belt. If I pull the cover Towards the passenger side fender the noise goes away. My mechanic said they may have bent the pulley by prying the belt off or using a hammer to get off the pulley. Is this a problem or can I just use washers to move the cover back so the noise is gone?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-14-01 04:39 PM

#651, "RE: Timing Belt Clicking?"
In response to Reply # 0

When I first got my car it did the same thing. It is just the cover rubbing on the moving parts. Just push it to where it doesnt make the noise anymore and it should stay.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Vector_Racing_BieApr-29-01 02:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#652, "RE: Timing Belt Clicking?"
In response to Reply # 1

How loud was the clicking sound? My car is making sounds that make my toes curl! Most of the time it isn't that loud but other times it drives me nutts! It sounds like someone is throwing pieces of metal at my belts.
It all started after my dealer changed my timeing and acc. belts plus my water pump (which seemed to be working fine and not leaking). The sound seems to be coming from my power steering or my AC compressor. Can anyone help me out with finding out what this is?

Only replacement for displacement:US

www.vectorracing.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #650 Previous topic | Next topic