Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #64170
View in linear mode

Subject: "Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)" Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinDec-04-03 09:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64170, "Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
Dec-04-03 09:32 AM by Corbin

Here is a report from RC Engineering on stock 2GNT injectors.

People always ask what the stock injector flow rate is. Most of us will say 235 cc/min. Some will say other things. Lets put this topic to rest now. We can add a link to this image somewhere on 2GNT for future reference.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

Gimme fuel...Gimme fire...Gimme that which I desire

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), TeamJasonESi_T, Dec-04-03 09:37 AM, #1
RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), ModeratorCorbin, Dec-04-03 10:53 AM, #2
      RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), thedawg, Dec-04-03 11:10 AM, #3
           RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), Chamuko, Dec-04-03 02:25 PM, #4
                RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), ModeratorCorbin, Dec-04-03 02:39 PM, #5
                     RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), pn0ymahal, Dec-04-03 03:45 PM, #6
                          RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), AdministratorStar Turbo Talon, Dec-07-03 01:45 AM, #7
                          RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof), Skrilla, Dec-08-03 05:21 AM, #8

TeamJasonESi_TDec-04-03 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64172, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 0
Dec-04-03 09:38 AM by JasonESi_T

Why does it say "forced induction: N "!?!?

I know, I know... they probably filled it in themselves. Presumptive bastards!

I guess you're changing your injector combination then and going back with stock primaries?

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ModeratorCorbinDec-04-03 10:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#64178, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 1

I noticed the difference in injector valve design between the Accels and stockers. The Accels have a standard pintel design. The stockers have 4 tiny holes in a disk. I believe that this may create differences in spray patterns between the two. I also believe that Chrysler chose those injectors for a reason. That may be important for the primaries under low throttle conditions. The 24 lb Accels also force me to run a low idle pressure (26 psi). I plan to switch back to stockers and raise my idle pressure back up. I will see if that changes anything. The car drives fine now, but I can get it to knock when I lug it. Its just an experiment.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

thedawgDec-04-03 11:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#64179, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 2

How much did that servicing cost? Also how much was shipping both ways? I may just drive over there and drop mine off.

I'm going to run stockers in my 8inj, but they is dirtay as a mofo.

ChamukoDec-04-03 02:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#64195, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 3

I second the question.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

ModeratorCorbinDec-04-03 02:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#64196, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 4

RC Engineering is a top notch company. I once bought 440 cc injectors from them and they were excellent quality. Last week, I sent them these stock injectors for cleaning. They were ready to ship back in a day. They sent them back individually wrapped, well boxed, cleaned, painted, numbered, with new o-rings and caps. They also give you the above printout showing what each injector flows and that corresponds to the numbers on the injectors. The service was $24 per injector and UPS ground shipping was $9 from CA to VA. The sales people are always knowedgable and friendly. They are a model for all aftermarket suppliers.

Now, you should keep in mind that new 252 cc injectors from Ford are like $200 for 8 ($25 each). So, this service isn't for everybody. For me, it was worth the money.

Corbin

'95 ESI-T
HRC+FMIC+ETC...

pn0ymahalDec-04-03 03:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2621 posts,
#64205, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 5

i also had my stock injectors cleaned etc by RC for my 8 injector setup. i got to agree with everything Corbin said about RC. I drop my stockers off at RC in the morning and it was ready 10mins before closing so i picked them up the next day...
super
Michael
99gs HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup
2GNT Member #32

AdministratorStar Turbo TalonDec-07-03 01:45 AM
Member since Oct 21st 2003
8331 posts,
#64311, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 6

The thing about sending your injectors to RC eng as opposed to buying new ones is that they can modify you factory injectors to flow like 20% more than a new set. I am sure it cost a little more but you get what you pay for.

Terry

SkrillaDec-08-03 05:21 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#64337, "RE: Stock Injector Flow Rate (Proof)"
In response to Reply # 6

Originally posted by pn0ymahal
i also had my stock injectors cleaned etc by RC for my 8 injector setup. i got to agree with everything Corbin said about RC. I drop my stockers off at RC in the morning and it was ready 10mins before closing so i picked them up the next day... super Michael 99gs HRC Stage IV 8-Injector Setup 2GNT Member #32

I bought my 440cc's from Greg (99GS) like 3 years ago and they are also RC's. They were also balance and cleaned

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #64170 Previous topic | Next topic