Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #580
View in linear mode

Subject: "Attention Gary Howell..........AFX" Previous topic | Next topic
DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-13-01 04:51 AM

#580, "Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"

I was reading through the new superstreet mag and I have to congradulate you on the nice article about the neons. I see that you guys have a computer for the neon that adds 17hp and also has a rev limiter of 8100rpm. Would this computer work on our eclipses. If not when are the eclipse computers coming out. Let us know because I am sure a lot of people here would buy one right away!!! I will.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, klipzracer, Apr-13-01 05:14 AM, #1
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, John99RS, Apr-13-01 06:27 AM, #2
      RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, VendorHRC, Apr-13-01 09:53 AM, #3
      RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, John99RS, Apr-13-01 10:49 AM, #4
      And what a Damn good article it was!, Skrilla, Apr-13-01 12:39 PM, #5
           RE: And what a Damn good article it was!, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-13-01 04:31 PM, #6
                RE: And what a Damn good article it was!, HadesOmega, Apr-13-01 08:15 PM, #7
                     RE: And what a Damn good article it was!, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-14-01 03:50 AM, #8
                          RE: And what a Damn good article it was!, VendorHRC, Apr-14-01 05:14 AM, #9
                               And for those who wish to see the 2GNT DSM get its due...., VendorHRC, Apr-14-01 05:18 AM, #10
                                    RE: And for those who wish to see the 2GNT DSM get its due...., VendorHRC, Apr-14-01 02:10 PM, #14
      AFX is proud to sponsor Len Ayala's Neon, VendorAFX_Manufacturing, Apr-14-01 06:30 AM, #11
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, VendorAFX_Manufacturing, Apr-14-01 06:36 AM, #12
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-14-01 07:06 AM, #13
Rev limiter, Armond30, Apr-16-01 04:33 PM, #19
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, DarkHumor, Apr-15-01 11:32 AM, #15
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, Shant, Apr-16-01 02:03 AM, #16
      RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-16-01 02:13 AM, #17
           RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, Shant, Apr-16-01 06:50 AM, #18
RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX, madregal, Apr-17-01 04:51 AM, #20

klipzracerApr-13-01 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#581, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 0

i sure as hell would!!!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSApr-13-01 06:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#582, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 1

Their neon is also in the new Hot Rod magaizne also. Pretty sweet if you ask me. Check it out.

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

VendorHRCApr-13-01 09:53 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#583, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 2

Uhh....WHOSE Neon?

Bill Hahn Jr.
98 RS Turbo: 10.87 @ 136 MPH
HRC Stage V with N20
Nation's Fastest Street FWD 2G DSM
www.turbosystem.com

John99RSApr-13-01 10:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#584, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 3

Oh Sh*t....sorry Bill. Man I feel like as ass now. HRC's Neon is in Hot Rod. Man, I can't believe I said Howell's.....the big ass Hahn Racecraft intake on there. I remembered the AFX Manufacturing sticker on the front side and it stuck in my head. Again, sorry HRC(Bill). I won't make that mistake again. I'll make it up to you in the next couple years when I get your Stage II kit ok.

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

SkrillaApr-13-01 12:39 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#585, "And what a Damn good article it was!"
In response to Reply # 3

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

TeamStan2gntApr-13-01 04:31 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#586, "RE: And what a Damn good article it was!"
In response to Reply # 5

Well props to both Hahn (the builder and tuner) and Howell(there are a few AFX parts in there even if he didn't build it). Now neon owners can forever stop bitching about superstreet not featuring neons (neons were featured in almost honda like porportions. enjoy cause it will be a long day in hell before that comes around). But you can say this much, they chose the most badass, wicked track burning 2 neons I've ever seen (the green one I've heard rumors of but I guess it does exist). Only thing let out were the 2.4L and 12,13,14 sec NA neons (still haven't seen neon coverage that good short of grassroots motorsports and mopar now).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

HadesOmegaApr-13-01 08:15 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#587, "RE: And what a Damn good article it was!"
In response to Reply # 6

When will there be 2GNTs featured in a magazine?

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

TeamStan2gntApr-14-01 03:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#588, "RE: And what a Damn good article it was!"
In response to Reply # 7

They have, even a rinky dink project GS but we really cant complain because they feature eclipses from time to time even if they arent NTs.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

VendorHRCApr-14-01 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#589, "RE: And what a Damn good article it was!"
In response to Reply # 8

John, no problem at all! Don't feel bad, I was just yankin' chain a little bit. I am so glad that we all got the press (HRC, Howell, Lenny, etc.) that you would have to do WAY more than that to piss me off and wipe the grin off my face.

420A Forever!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

VendorHRCApr-14-01 05:18 AM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#590, "And for those who wish to see the 2GNT DSM get its due...."
In response to Reply # 9

...we are hard at work in getting well deserved coverage for these cars too. Anyone who would like assistance in getting a proper, magazine worthy HRC equipped 2GNT to be featured should contact our public relations mogul, Kris Magnotti, and hook her up with info. Tell her BH sent ya!

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

VendorHRCApr-14-01 02:10 PM
Old School 2GNTer
374 posts,
#591, "RE: And for those who wish to see the 2GNT DSM get its due...."
In response to Reply # 10

>...our public
>relations mogul, Kris Magnotti, and
>hook her up with info.
> Tell her BH sent
>ya!

Her email: feedback@turbosystem.com

Bill Hahn Jr.
HRC Stage V with N20
www.turbosystem.com

VendorAFX_ManufacturingApr-14-01 06:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#592, "AFX is proud to sponsor Len Ayala's Neon"
In response to Reply # 2

We were excited when Len told us he would be in Hot Rod Magazine. Len is using our solid engine mounts, udp, and has used other items from us in the past.

Gary

Visit the Howell Automotive Open House August 20th, 2005. The largest gathering of Chrysler 2.0 engines on the planet.

US Small Business Administration Export Business of the Year for 2003

Visit Howell Automotive at www.howellautomotive.com

VendorAFX_ManufacturingApr-14-01 06:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
428 posts,
#593, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 0

We are researching it, and will let you know.

Gary

>I was reading through the new
>superstreet mag and I have
>to congradulate you on the
>nice article about the neons.
> I see that you
>guys have a computer for
>the neon that adds 17hp
>and also has a rev
>limiter of 8100rpm. Would
>this computer work on our
>eclipses. If not when
>are the eclipse computers coming
>out. Let us know
>because I am sure a
>lot of people here would
>buy one right away!!!
>I will.
>
>DAVE_FL
>97GS
>AEM CAI
>AFX PULLEY
>AFX solid motor mount
>Magnaflow exhaust
>Sparkco 9mm wires
>Eibach Pro Kit
>tokico shocks
>Altezzas
>A Badass sound system
>Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe
>
>

Visit the Howell Automotive Open House August 20th, 2005. The largest gathering of Chrysler 2.0 engines on the planet.

US Small Business Administration Export Business of the Year for 2003

Visit Howell Automotive at www.howellautomotive.com

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-14-01 07:06 AM

#594, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 12

Great news I hope it comes out soon.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
Eibach Pro Kit
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Armond30Apr-16-01 04:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
161 posts,
#595, "Rev limiter"
In response to Reply # 12

If you make an ecu for the 2gnt that eliminates the rev-limiter, I will buy it.

Bring it on............

DarkHumorApr-15-01 11:32 AM
Old School 2GNTer
21 posts,
#596, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 0

I was going to ask the same question....it be cool if they did...just look at all the support they have here.

ShantApr-16-01 02:03 AM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
#597, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 15

Don't forget about all the Avenger/Sebring support, Where like the stepchild of the 420a family.

Shant 98 Turbo Avenger
HRC power

TeamMichael_97RSApr-16-01 02:13 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#598, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 16

Hey Shant contact HRC and see if you can get your ride publicised? That would spread the word.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ShantApr-16-01 06:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
64 posts,
#599, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 17

As soon as I get done putting in the pistons, rods, rings, and new injectors it's on. I would say I'm a stage 3 1/2??Hmmm check out asog.net for more info. I just wanna represent HRC and all 420a people correctly, Hey my car is on HRC site though.

Shant

madregalApr-17-01 04:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#600, "RE: Attention Gary Howell..........AFX"
In response to Reply # 0

hey!
i bought a pulley from howell automotive 2 weeks ago.. and i got it... this week i got another one..

i called them up and they are having UPS come pick it up.
thought i'd do the the right thing (for a change hehehehe) and return it. just my way of saying thanks for a great product and great service.. keep it up.

Marc
'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
NGK Plugs and Wires
AEM Short Stack
GS-T Exhaust
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake manifold
AFX underdrive pulley
Clear Side Marker Lites
Nokya Hyper whites bulbs
PIAA Fogs

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #580 Previous topic | Next topic