Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #55529
View in linear mode

Subject: "GS-T Exhaust Resonator....? Quick Question." Previous topic | Next topic
PhaxmohdemJul-18-03 06:07 AM
Member since May 26th 2003
172 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55529, "GS-T Exhaust Resonator....? Quick Question."

I just sent away the money order for my new GS-T muffler (just the muffler not the cat back) got it for $30 shipped off of parts trader (with chrome tips ) But anyway, my question is this...

I've been reading the old posts about the GS-T exhaust and lots of people mention the resonator being taken out to increase the noise level somewhat. Is the resonator inside the muffler somehow or is it another component in the piping that needs to be cut out and replaced? I think from what I've read the resonator is ONLY in the GS-T cat back exhaust path and since I have a stock RS setup right now (just swapping mufflers) I won't have to worry about a resonator, but I"m not 100% sure about that. Anybody care to shed a little light on this for me? I want my setup to sound as pissed as a GS-T muffler can get. Also would a high-flo cat be a good compliment to this new muffler?

TIA

My insurance payment is WHAT now?!?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TXrepresentJul-18-03 10:21 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55541, "RE: GS-T Exhaust Resonator....? Quick Question."
In response to Reply # 0

The resonator is a seperate muffler of sorts. It looks like a glasspack. Your car has one on the stock piping. The gst has two. If you take them out it makes the car very raspy sounding, like a honda sound.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

PhaxmohdemJul-18-03 12:31 PM
Member since May 26th 2003
172 posts,
#55550, "RE: GS-T Exhaust Resonator....? Quick Question."
In response to Reply # 1

Well screw that then, I dont want to sound like a "pissed off lawnmower" as someone so elequently put it. So the one resonator is our friend, and what they were talking about on the GST exhaust is just taking out the one closest to the muffler then but leaving one for sound quality?

My insurance payment is WHAT now?!?

TXrepresentJul-19-03 08:08 AM
Member since Jun 24th 2003
541 posts,
#55575, "RE: GS-T Exhaust Resonator....? Quick Question."
In response to Reply # 2

you can do that

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #55529 Previous topic | Next topic