Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #551
View in linear mode

Subject: "Ignition upgrades" Previous topic | Next topic
RoboTechDSMApr-12-01 05:46 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#551, "Ignition upgrades"

Guys, I'm planning to get the Star or HRC Stage II turbo kit in the end of summer. I was just wondering what ignition upgrades would you guys recommend? Those MSD-5A or 6A are incompatible with distributorless igition. So I was planning to get the
MSD-SCI ignition for sport compacts. Just wondering what you guys think about this? Thanks again!!!!!

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

klipzracerApr-13-01 12:36 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#552, "RE: Ignition upgrades"
In response to Reply # 0

I was looking at that Jacobs ignition myself but it's too expensive and I don't think you'll really need an upgraded ignition unless you do some drag car kinda $h!t. you might wanna get someting so you can retard or advance your timing though.

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-13-01 01:27 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#553, "RE: Ignition upgrades"
In response to Reply # 0

MSD DIS-2 or DIS-4 Both can be wired to work.

Or Crane Hi-6 which has a few more feature standard that require plug in modules

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

klipzracerApr-13-01 02:30 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#554, "RE: Ignition upgrades"
In response to Reply # 2

hey mikey, how does it wire in? does it go in between our lil ignition box and the plug that goes into it or just replaces the box with a amp looking thingy and a cap?

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

TeamMichael_97RSApr-13-01 04:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#555, "RE: Ignition upgrades"
In response to Reply # 3

You have to tap some wires to get the signal for ingition. and it goes between the power and the coil pack. Exact wiring I don't know off hand, I haven't installe done yet... Damn me for not being very wealthy.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

RoboTechDSMApr-18-01 05:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
1402 posts,
#556, "RE: Ignition upgrades"
In response to Reply # 4

Thanks for the info guys!!!!!

Kris
"Someday............I'll have traction problems!!!!"
Tampa, FL
Pinoy Turbo 2GNT

1999 HRC Turbo RS
Stage 2
Auto with BOOST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #551 Previous topic | Next topic