Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #53463
View in linear mode

Subject: "C02 Spray" Previous topic | Next topic
bad0024Jun-17-03 11:11 AM
Member since Jun 17th 2003
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53463, "C02 Spray"

I have a question that is very out of the ordinary. What I am trying to acomplish is somewhat like a C02 intercooler without the intercooler. Instead of spraying CO2 into coils on a contained welded intercooler, I am thinking about spraying it directly onto my intake manifold to freeze that so the air going into my engine is extremely cold. I have only 2 concerns, first I am not sure that the Intake Manifold can withstand the temp difference without shattering and the second concern is that if some Co2 sneaks up to the filter on my short ram intake, I am not sure that the engine likes to run off of that type of gas ( I can allways fix the second problem by shuting off my engine and freezeing my intercooler before I race. Anyways If you have any ideas or comments please post. Thanks

Oh I forgot, How in the hell can you get your hand down into the corner lights (Turn Signals, not the bumper lens) to change the lens or the bulb, I just cant get to it.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: C02 Spray, Teamner947, Jun-18-03 08:58 AM, #1
RE: C02 Spray, Chamuko, Jun-19-03 09:43 AM, #2
      RE: C02 Spray, InFiNiT3, Jun-19-03 08:22 PM, #3
           RE: C02 Spray, Vandy420a, Jun-19-03 08:26 PM, #4
                RE: C02 Spray, Gregstoofast, Jun-21-03 10:07 AM, #5
                     RE: C02 Spray, KidEvo, Jun-21-03 11:40 AM, #6

Teamner947Jun-18-03 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3168 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53464, "RE: C02 Spray"
In response to Reply # 0

hmmmm... does this belong in the transmission section?

my guess is that you could:
1. weld heat sinks onto the manifold
2. find some thin metal tubing and wrap it around everything like a coil and securely attach it to the manifold, have some type of pump circulate cold water around it and have a small heat exchanger somewhere
3. do a little of both

i don't think that spraying C02 directly onto the outside of the intake manifold will really cool it very fast. it would work, but it would take a while. that thing does weigh quite a bit.

2016 WRX STi Limited (current)
2001 A4 1.8tqms (donated)
1991 GVR4 #1933 (sold)
old.dsmregistry.com/detail.php?carid=218 (dismantled)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ChamukoJun-19-03 09:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3668 posts,
#53477, "RE: C02 Spray"
In response to Reply # 1

uhm yes ive been looking into this as well. They actually sell tubes 2" or 3" with a bullet type thing in there with a tube comming out of each end. The c02 is sprayed in through that thing and cools out the air, the bulle / tear shape design should disrupt air flow that much. I also like the coil ^ idea. The inter cooler sprayer would worl great too, a simple copper tube with small holes drilled into it hooked up to a solenoid should do nicely.

All said and done I went witht the chaper alternative, water. I bought some spare hood sprayers, and the spare windshield washer pump I have and am going to rig either a bag or a spare container to holod some water. The trick is to cool of the intercooler or air track before the race our your "spirited run".Not while your racing. Unless of course your injecting say N2o into your intake

And finally the turn signals. Dont try from the top, its a knuckle buster. Go in from bellow. from the fender well in fornt of the tire. I have mine removed, if you dont shouldnt take you more then 5 min or 5 plastic screws/tabs to do it.

Member # 751

FOUNDER of the Central Cali chapter of 2GNT!
(I got kicked out after I refused to go Cow tiping) - Hehehe you know who this is for

InFiNiT3Jun-19-03 08:22 PM
Member since Sep 01st 2002
732 posts,
#53503, "RE: C02 Spray"
In response to Reply # 2

aye u guys remember the old dry ice trick rite?

jake

AEM cam Gears,MSD ignition,Chikira 4-2-1 header,Custom 2.5" exhast,Pacsetter hiflo cat ,head p/p , intake p/p 2mm oversize tit valves , t/b p/p , shiftkit , TQ lockup mod , and much mor

Vandy420aJun-19-03 08:26 PM
Member since Jun 04th 2003
2037 posts,
#53504, "RE: C02 Spray"
In response to Reply # 3

1. turn signals pop out if they're on the corner or whatever, other thna that bottom is the way to go

2. dry ice? like putting dry ice on your intake mani before racing? don't you put it a few other places too, like the radiator and the valve cover?

matt

---------------------------------------

Black 98 GST missing her owner and looking for a new one...Inquiries welcome

GregstoofastJun-21-03 10:07 AM
Member since Jan 17th 2003
243 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53583, "RE: C02 Spray"
In response to Reply # 4

and for the co2...they make a kit now to do this...they have a thing that mounts inside ur intake to cool incoming air...they also make a fuel bar to cool the fuel...i'm gettin all three thing...air intake bulb,fuel bar,and intercooler sprayer cas i'm about to be turbo after i get the motor built

heres the link : http://www.designengineering.com/products.html

have fun guys if u wanna build ur own but i'm gettin sumin i know works

<-Eclipse Racer->
cai,p&p tb,msd coil pack and 8.5mm wires,plat+4 plugs,header,high flow cat,dual dtm styl muffler,final gear mod,and shift kit

KidEvoJun-21-03 11:40 AM
Member since Jan 23rd 2003
161 posts,
#53585, "RE: C02 Spray"
In response to Reply # 5

looks like a cool product.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #53463 Previous topic | Next topic