Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52930
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Ground Wire Kit Installed!!" 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic
TalonSpeedJun-10-03 06:02 AM
Member since Oct 15th 2002
446 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52930, "Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"

I installed my ground wire kit, about 5 days ago. I have been riding around alot seeing what changes they have caused. I have noticed they:
-make the car idle smoother
-rev smoother
-better gas mileage by far
-interior lights are brighter
-starter doesnt sound stressed like before

Now here is the big thing. I made a trip from grandma house (Rock Mount, NC) to my dad's house (Clinton, MD), approx 250 miles. I filled up my gas tank to where the need was slightly above full (87 octane). I had 3 people in the car with luggage. When arrived at my dad's house the gas needle was above 3/4 full !!! Less than a 1/4 of a tank over a 250mile stretch.

I bought this kit from Ryan, he posted up here in the forsale section about the kit, the quality is excellent. Very easy to install and looks nice too.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
DinkjsJun-10-03 07:29 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52940, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Yea ive had my Sun Industries Hyperground System since January and it defently is a beautiful thing.....what kind did you get???????

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

gilee_8Jun-10-03 07:39 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#52941, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Hey guys.... say I am stupid if I am..but what is a ground kit?
waht is it for?
WHy you need it? and how can it make all the improve you listed above???
I am interested!! can you post some pictures of the ground kit. Thanks man.
Gil

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

DinkjsJun-10-03 07:46 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2002
1035 posts,
#52942, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Basically you know your ground wires your electronics and engine and battery have to use to gain some kind of power right????? well technically these ground wires replace those and it allows more power to be generated...well actually it really doesnt replace the factory wires because you can keep those on and still ground these to some place else...some place better.........I highly recommend them

Performance: Stuff that makes my car run better or go faster

Looks: Stock because looks doesnt make my car go faster or run better

Weight Reduction: CF Hood, No A/C or Powersteering Accessories, No rear interior

gilee_8Jun-10-03 07:54 AM
Member since Jun 11th 2002
1441 posts,
#52943, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 3

OK, so basically they are just WIRES. just a thick piece of wire that I connect the negative of the battery to the car body?
That's all??
Gil

And know..I do'nt know what yo uare trying to say.
Gil:thumbsup

~~~~~~~~Modification~~~~~~~~
Performance: MegaSquirt v3.0 Fuel & Spark, 8.6:1 JE piston, Eagle Long Rods, SPEC III Clutch, EVOIII B16G, FMIC, Aeromotive 1:1 FPR, Walbro 255HP, 680cc Injectors, 2.5" DP, 3" Magnaflow Cat, 3.5" Greddy EVO CatBack, Greddy Electronic EGT,FUEL,BOOST,A/F gauges...
Interior: Racing Seats, Metallic Interior, 15-Speakers System, Keyless, Dynomat Insulated, Neons...
Exterior: 1999 Body with turbo wing, Halo Projector Headlight, 4300K HID, 17" Mille Rims, GSX Calipers...
Coming Soon: Water Injection, Redo Undercarriage, Repaint Exterior

$240 For New Complete GSX Calipers Kit (Calipers, Bracket, Shim, Pad, Bolts, etc) Email Me If Interested!

1995 RED Eclipse GS-'T': Stage VI 20PSI
2010 Audi S5 Quattro

juggaloJun-10-03 03:17 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#52973, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 4

i made my own with 4ga battery cables, i used a 2ga to the starter and alternator though.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

1sweet98talonJun-10-03 04:15 PM
Member since Nov 26th 2002
341 posts,
#52979, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 5

I know the alternator and starter should be grounded better...but what else???

"If there is nothing mechanically wrong with you're DSM, then there is something wrong with you're DSM"

WtngclanJun-10-03 04:26 PM
Donating 2GNT member
938 posts,
#52980, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 6

this might be stupid but where is the alternator ground wire and starter ground wire? any pics? ..

Another BANNED asshole.

juggaloJun-11-03 06:08 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#53033, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 7

when i took this pic i didn't have the alternator ground on yet. the starter is the one just to the lower right of the headers.

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

totaleklipse97Jun-11-03 07:08 PM
Member since May 14th 2003
3589 posts,
#53034, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 8

man that looks sweet! i love the blue header by the way it's a nice touch. i have a question i've been looking into them for some time now.. i heard that playing around with grounding posistions make more hp gains?? did u notice any (if any) gains? i mean it might only be 1hp but for $100 u get some nice advantages and seems like no down side! i was thinking it would be a great mod in combination with UDP's getting ur volts back up after underdriving ur alternater. ........... how long was this install and did they give u suggested grounding points??? thanks guys

juggaloJun-11-03 10:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#53038, "RE: Ground Wire Kit Installed!!"
In response to Reply # 9

if you run a cable to the alternator gound you'll get the best gains.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52930 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Previous topic | Next topic