Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #527
View in linear mode

Subject: "UDP question" Previous topic | Next topic
NotRiceApr-12-01 02:19 PM
Old School 2GNTer
9 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#527, "UDP question"

alright guys i need a little advice on something. as of right now i have absolutely no performance mods save for a k&n air filter box replacement thing. i have the opportunity to get pretty much anything under $300 for free and im a little confused as to what to get. i plan on going turbo at the end of the summer so that rules out cheap intake/headers/exhaust (buying greddy evo with hrc stage 2) so i think i have it narrowed down to either a udp or crystal red altezzas. how much power (and is it really noticeable) can i get from a udp? anything else in this price range give a better performanc increase? maybe should i just get the lights? thanks for any help.

jim

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: UDP question, magnus, Apr-12-01 03:47 PM, #1
RE: UDP question, madregal, Apr-12-01 04:42 PM, #2
RE: UDP question, Moderatorsd_eclipse, Apr-13-01 02:50 AM, #5
RE: UDP question, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-13-01 01:05 AM, #3
RE: UDP question, klipzracer, Apr-13-01 02:40 AM, #4
      Craftsman..., Skrilla, Apr-13-01 03:31 AM, #6
           just one more q, NotRice, Apr-13-01 03:34 AM, #7
           RE: just one more q, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-13-01 03:57 AM, #8
                RE: just one more q, klipzracer, Apr-13-01 04:37 AM, #9
                     RE: just one more q, NotRice, Apr-13-01 05:26 AM, #10
           Skrilla, Lee, Apr-13-01 06:05 AM, #11
                RE: Skrilla, John99RS, Apr-13-01 06:24 AM, #12
                RE: Skrilla, madregal, Apr-13-01 04:59 PM, #13
                I don't remember the price..., Skrilla, Apr-14-01 02:33 AM, #14

magnusApr-12-01 03:47 PM
Old School 2GNTer
229 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#528, "RE: UDP question"
In response to Reply # 0

Get the (afx) Udp and a nice short shifter(i have neuspeed)......I got some Altezza lights and they gave me only 30 hp....what a rip.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

madregalApr-12-01 04:42 PM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#529, "RE: UDP question"
In response to Reply # 0

personally, i would go with "go" b4 "show"
buts that's me.

'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
AEM Short Stack
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake
GS-T Exhaust
NGK Plugs and Wires
AFX underdrive pulley
Clear Side Marker Lites
Nokya Hyper whites bulbs
PIAA Fogs

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

Moderatorsd_eclipseApr-13-01 02:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1543 posts,
#530, "RE: UDP question"
In response to Reply # 2

>personally, i would go with "go"
>b4 "show"
>buts that's me.

A favorite saying of mine is "all show and no go is like a woman with a padded bra. She looks great until you pop the "hood"

TeamMichael_97RSApr-13-01 01:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#531, "RE: UDP question"
In response to Reply # 0

I have three letters UDP... buy it. It's about 12 hp at the wheels and having just done it not too long ago. Hell yeah yo'll feel it! Probably dolloar for dollar the best bang for the buck.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

klipzracerApr-13-01 02:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#532, "RE: UDP question"
In response to Reply # 3

yup UDP. that's what i'd go with. hey.......why don't i have one yet???? hmm.....sounds like daddy's getting a new toy next paycheck! does anyone know if autozone loans out that puller. i think it was a three arm or something?

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

SkrillaApr-13-01 03:31 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#533, "Craftsman..."
In response to Reply # 4

...5-ton 3-arm puller will do the job. Unlimited warrantee

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

NotRiceApr-13-01 03:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9 posts,
#534, "just one more q"
In response to Reply # 6

so which one shoudl i go with? the aem's look nice in that they dont remove the "harmonic dampener" whatever that means... but i really wanna get the most noticeable performace out of it. any help is much appreciated.

TeamMichael_97RSApr-13-01 03:57 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#535, "RE: just one more q"
In response to Reply # 7

We don't have a harmonic balancer. Ther is a dampening ring of rubbe rin the stock unit. But that is more becaus eit is so heavy. The AF/X pulley is lighter and my motor runs smoother, starts up easier with the pulley do to the lighter weight the starter has to turn.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

klipzracerApr-13-01 04:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#536, "RE: just one more q"
In response to Reply # 8

yeah but get the afx. good price, least weight of all the other pulleys

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

NotRiceApr-13-01 05:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
9 posts,
#537, "RE: just one more q"
In response to Reply # 9

col guys thanks a lot

LeeApr-13-01 06:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#538, "Skrilla"
In response to Reply # 6

How much do these things run, and are they used for anything else?

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!

John99RSApr-13-01 06:24 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#539, "RE: Skrilla"
In response to Reply # 11

Ptuning has the AFX for $151.95 shipped. That's with our 5% discount and free shipping. Got mine last week.

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

madregalApr-13-01 04:59 PM
Old School 2GNTer
398 posts,
#540, "RE: Skrilla"
In response to Reply # 12

dang i paid like 187 with 2 day shipping!!!
we need to compare prices more often! ive learned my lesson..
before i order anything imma ask here first!

-marc

'98 GS AT
Magenta Gray Pearl
AEM Short Stack
Bored throttle body
Bored Intake
GS-T Exhaust
NGK Plugs and Wires
AFX underdrive pulley
Clear Side Marker Lites
Nokya Hyper whites bulbs
PIAA Fogs

'98 GS AT.Magenta Gray Pearl.Accel Spark Plug Wires.NGK Plugs.AEM Short Stack.GS-T Exhaust.AFX Underdrive pulley.RRE Front Lower Bar.Tenzo Rear Upper Bar.Tenzo Rear Lower Bar.Tenzo Front Upper Bar.Energy Suspension Bushings.Energy Suspension Motor Mounts.

SkrillaApr-14-01 02:33 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#541, "I don't remember the price..."
In response to Reply # 11

...but that's the only reason I would use one for. I bought it because I'm sure it's not the last time I will have to install a Crank Pulley

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #527 Previous topic | Next topic