Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52666
View in linear mode

Subject: " help losing antifreeze do know from where" Previous topic | Next topic
tonyz007Jun-05-03 06:36 AM
Member since May 01st 2003
74 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52666, " help losing antifreeze do know from where"

drive a 95 esi having this problem for a bout a month the antifreeze keeps disappearing im 99 percent sure its not leaking anywhere from what i can see losing about a quart every two weeks somebody help me please i m stumped

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

coppereclipse95Jun-05-03 06:49 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52667, "RE: help losing antifreeze do know from where"
In response to Reply # 0

So, when you leave your parkinglot or what not, you don't see any wet spots? When you open your hood, you don't see any moisture or any leaking? strange... I can bet you are leaking. check everywhere! Or maybe your plug is lose at the bottom of the radiator. you should check. mine did something like that. whenever i opened the hood up with engine OFF, it didn't do anything. but, i decided to keep the car running one day and opened up the hood...i found a crack on the bottom hose. check it again!

1995 Eclipse RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tonyz007Jun-05-03 06:54 AM
Member since May 01st 2003
74 posts,
#52668, "RE: help losing antifreeze do know from where"
In response to Reply # 0

i checked every where for sure its not leaking some times i smell a antifreeze after realy hard driving but no visable leaks

coppereclipse95Jun-05-03 07:07 AM
Member since Apr 29th 2002
1068 posts,
#52670, "RE: help losing antifreeze do know from where"
In response to Reply # 2

so you are saying that there is no trace of antifreez at all??? very very strange.... so what happens if you fill it up? You know what...fill it up and turn your engine on with a/c and stuff like that to raise that temp and let the antifreez flow. maybe rev your car a little or what not. i think its better to have someone else to look at it while rev. i don't know..

1995 Eclipse RS

eclipticriderJun-05-03 07:34 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1061 posts,
#52674, "RE: help losing antifreeze do know from where"
In response to Reply # 3

you may not even need to rev it up... what i did was have some one squeez one of the lines like to pump it though, then i watched all of the other lines and finally found the one that had a gash in it!!

get under the car and look near the fire wall for the 2 lines bach there. the one that was leeking on me was near the the shifter line under the battery... quite a PITA to change!!!!!! very tight areas to get into, especially near the fire wall... and if it is one of those lines be sure to get the molded replacemnt line from ur local auto store, it's like 13 dollars and all, but it's the right one you'd need

i had a run around to find it, cuz my line was swelled up at one end and the idiots that work at those stores were saying that they didn't carry that line. both ends are the same size!

good luck

WTB--- Dodge Omni:

http://www.geocities.com/shadyporshe851proof/frame_content/indexframe.html

mods:
star stage III clutch, + the normal mods + bass + lights. well u get the pictur

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #52666 Previous topic | Next topic