Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #50095
View in linear mode

Subject: "NO POWER heading to coil pack..." Previous topic | Next topic
eclipser96gsApr-29-03 05:15 PM
Member since Apr 21st 2003
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50095, "NO POWER heading to coil pack..."

ok folks...i just replaced my alternator belt twice in 3 days....and now that i got it finally set right i go to crank...nothing, ther starter turns but no spark going to plugs...we did some wire tests, and the plug going to the coil pack has no eleectricity whatsoever, its reading zilch. WHAT COULD BE WRONG??? ive already tried resetting the ECU...and yes the battery is charged...

BTW the alternator belt was destroyed on sunday at the drag track, i slipped into ast instead of 3rd...(dont ask) well, i fixed it there in the parking lot adn monday after school it brreaks again in the parking lot at school...so i tow it home, and today i wokr on ti adn get ti changed by someone who knows what they are doing...its not starting, it also didnt start in the parking lot when i came back with the tow truck..

Michael
96 GS--pain in the ass

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamXtremeRSApr-29-03 05:18 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#50096, "RE: NO POWER heading to coil pack..."
In response to Reply # 0

check the realay on the driver side firewall up top, to be sure that its working, has power, and is sending out power with the key in the run position.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

eclipser96gsApr-30-03 11:17 AM
20 posts,
#50177, "RE: NO POWER heading to coil pack..."
In response to Reply # 1

i know where ur talking about, i just have no idea what it is and what it looks like!

Michael
96 GS--pain in the ass

eclipser96gsApr-30-03 11:49 AM
20 posts,
#50183, "RE: NO POWER heading to coil pack..."
In response to Reply # 2
Apr-30-03 12:02 PM by eclipser96gs

what do i do if it doesnt have power...i did find out wich ones they were.. i unplugged em adn plgged em back in,....How do i check to see if it has power? Voltimeter cant get in those small slots...

Michael
96 GS--pain in the ass

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #50095 Previous topic | Next topic