Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #489
View in linear mode

Subject: "Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?" Previous topic | Next topic
ACR NeonApr-11-01 01:49 PM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#489, "Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?"

I just installed one in my Neon.Since I got Super AFC a few weeks ago, I wanted to keep an eye on the EGT's. Any help with this would be great. What is to high? At 0.0% correction I run about 1000 Deg on the EGT at 4k rpms. How lean can I go? Just checking to see what you guys are running.

Later Agustin 14.7 Second allmotor Neon ACR

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

XT_DSMApr-11-01 02:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#490, "RE: Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?"
In response to Reply # 0

http://members.home.net/xtatdsm

if your EGT probe is mounted on the hottest runner, and not more than 4" of the head, then 1550 F is the max you would want to take your car to at WOT.

Adel

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

seanApr-11-01 02:51 PM
Old School 2GNTer
99 posts,
#491, "RE: Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?"
In response to Reply # 1

I get around 1250 at a 140km/h cruise. With the AFC leaned out about 10% I hit about 1425 with a long WOT pull on the highway

ACR NeonApr-12-01 02:41 PM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
#492, "RE: Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?"
In response to Reply # 1

I mounted the probe in the collector on the header. Is that to far away? I didnt know it was supposed to be mounted on onw of the tubes. how will this effect the readings?

A.

phrenzyApr-12-01 08:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#493, "RE: Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey...I used to have a '95 ACR. I loved that damn car. Except, everything but the engine and drive train fell apart though. :\ Oh well, many kills in my little sleeper Neon.

'99 Eclipse GS
yeah, I know...they called me and said "they don't make those is gunmetal 5 lug" grrrrrrr.

http://www.rokitlabs.com

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

TeamMichael_97RSApr-12-01 08:18 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#494, "RE: Anyone using EGT? If so what temps are you running?"
In response to Reply # 3

AMEN.

My second car is a 95 Neon Sport(420A Baby) and she's a good car, definately holds her own.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #489 Previous topic | Next topic