Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47628
View in linear mode

Subject: "What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)" Previous topic | Next topic
AttrayantMar-26-03 03:21 PM
Member since May 25th 2003
286 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47628, "What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"

I have a 96 Eclipse RS. People have told me that I should have a FPR on the end of the fuel rail for my year of eclipse, yet I do not see it. Check the pic and make sure I'm looking in the right place I"m assuming I have the newer type of fuel setup with the FPR back by the gas tank??

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS - Sold
1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), TeamXtremeRS, Mar-26-03 03:37 PM, #1
RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), Matt_95tgs, Mar-26-03 03:44 PM, #2
      RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), Attrayant, Mar-26-03 04:29 PM, #3
           RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), The1Bill, Mar-26-03 05:36 PM, #4
           RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), Matt_95tgs, Mar-26-03 05:37 PM, #5
                RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), Attrayant, Mar-26-03 05:42 PM, #6
                     RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), EclipzeGamer, Mar-27-03 06:44 AM, #7
                          RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Mar-27-03 07:07 AM, #8
                               RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), 96eclipse2nr, Mar-27-03 07:20 AM, #9
                                    RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC), Kirby, Mar-27-03 09:14 AM, #10

TeamXtremeRSMar-26-03 03:37 PM
Member since May 20th 2003
6329 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47630, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 0
Mar-26-03 03:38 PM by XtremeRS

Well i see your test port on the rail there,but is not on the end of the rail, so its a 95/96 rail/ fuel system. Look at the other end of the fuel rail, and you will see a round metal part, with a vacuum line going into the top of it.

13.5 @108 MPH-2.2 60ft(stupid FWD!)
S16G @ 18 PSI/FMIC/Running on MegaSquirt II (Now with sequential
fuel injection)

My webpage: http://eclipsed4evr.home.comcast.net
-1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-T- "Toy"
-1992 Plymouth Laser Turbo AWD(SOLD)
-2000 Honda CR-V(daily)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Matt_95tgsMar-26-03 03:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#47631, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 1

That's actually a fuel rail for the later fuel system. That picture that you have is the end of the rail that would have the regulator with a vacuum line connected to it. Also, if you had a 95 rail, you would see a return line coming from the rail right underneath where the fuel feel line is. Soooo, to answer your question, yes, your regulator is back near the tank.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

AttrayantMar-26-03 04:29 PM
286 posts,
#47634, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 2

ack, conflicting statements!

1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

The1BillMar-26-03 05:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2292 posts,
#47637, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 3

Alright, the '95 and '96 have the test port between the #1 and #2 injectors. The '95 has the regulator at the end of the fuel rail and the fuel filter under the hood. The '96 has the regulator and filter in the back, near the passenger side rear wheel. The '97-'99 have the test port on the left side of the rail, sticking straight out of the fuel rail, and the fuel filter and regulator in the rear location.

I know this because I just transplanted a fuel setup from my '96 to a '98, and an HRC turbo fuel setup from the '98 to my '96, so I have firsthand experience.

-=B-=

Dude, Boeing called. They want their wing back.

Dark0ne95: There is a butthole on that girl that his going to feel the wrath of 23 yeras of worldwide hate.
Me: Can I put that in my sig?
Dark0ne95: GO right fucking ahead.

Matt_95tgsMar-26-03 05:37 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#47638, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 3

Well, Matt saw the test port facing up, which often indicates that its the 95 rail, but the regulator isn't on the end of the rail where it should be. This leads me to believe that there were actually 3 different rails used. That is definately not a rail with a regulator on it though.

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

AttrayantMar-26-03 05:42 PM
286 posts,
#47639, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 5

Pretty interesting stuff. Thanks for the confirmation all, I was pretty certain but I just wanted to be sure.

1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4

EclipzeGamerMar-27-03 06:44 AM
Donating 2GNT member
999 posts,
#47675, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 6

From my understanding, I heard that the early '96 models are set up like the '95s, but there are few of those around. The majority seem to be the newer setup like the 97+. This is just hearsay though.

Jaeson
'96 Eclipse RS

16.537 @ 84.00 mph, 2.489 60'

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneMar-27-03 07:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#47676, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 7

To the best of my knowledge, NONE of the 96 model year cars have the 95-style fuel system.

So, to make it simple, if your car isn't a 95, you don't have a 95 fuel system.

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

96eclipse2nrMar-27-03 07:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3605 posts,
#47678, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 8
Mar-27-03 07:24 AM by 96eclipse2nr

i was just asking the same thing a min ago...here are some of my pics im also a 96 BTW

dosent appear to be any FPR here...and this is the drivers side of the fuel rail

and here too is my test port on top, not in the side

and i know its not the right section...but while were on the subject..are both test ports the same size/thread....can i use the fuel tee from a wet nitrous in my port even tho mine is on top instead of the side?

-----------------------------------------
2011 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x

2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-NX 75 shot, AEM CAI, P&P t/b and intake mani-SOLD

1964 Buick Electra 225-all original, all power options, 325hp, 445ft/lbs tq

KirbyMar-27-03 09:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#47684, "RE: What da hell kind of fuel setup do I have?? (PIC)"
In response to Reply # 9
Mar-27-03 09:19 AM by Kirby

There were 3 different rails used in these cars. Any dealer will tell you only 2 were used but they are wrong. The 95 has the regulator on the pass. side and a return line fitting on the driver side. The 96 which was used into the 97 year has no return line fitting and no regulator. Then you have the 97+ rails with the test port on the pass. side endcap, and no return fitting. Now as far as fuel systems go for the kit's you either have a 95 or you have a 96-99 the system will work with either of the 2 later rail designs. As far as what is on the car seems to be hit or miss as far as the 96-99 cars. Now the test ports are all -4an ports, so no worries there. However I don't know if I would send nos through the test port. It would be flowing against the fuel flow from the tank, so it would be working against itself. Also flowing against the current like that would make me worry about it going into the cilinders evenly.(I am not a nos expert and I don't use it, so I could be wrong, I would post this in the proper section to see if anyone else runs it that way) If you are doing the 8 injector setup don't just assume if it's a 97 that it will have the test port in the proper place, you must check on a part by part basis. The only replacement fuel rail they sell for the 96-99 is the one with the proper testport location for this setup. Note: according to Bob Kise there are less that 10 replacement fuel rails left to sell new. So if you want to go 8 injector and need the rail new from the dealer then you better get on it now.

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #47628 Previous topic | Next topic