Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #464
View in linear mode

Subject: "JasonESI_T..." Previous topic | Next topic
ModeratorCorbinApr-10-01 04:28 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#464, "JasonESI_T..."

You have a datalogger for your '98 right? Which datalogger software did you buy? Are you using mitsubishi or chrysler specific software?

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Corbin.., TeamJasonESi_T, Apr-10-01 06:19 AM, #1
RE: Corbin.., 95ESi, Apr-10-01 07:19 AM, #2
      RE: Corbin.., dsm1, Apr-10-01 08:38 AM, #3
      RE: Corbin.., ModeratorCorbin, Apr-10-01 12:52 PM, #4
           RE: Corbin.., 95ESi, Apr-10-01 01:30 PM, #5
                RE: Corbin.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-11-01 09:40 AM, #6
                     RE: Corbin.., 95ESi, Apr-11-01 05:38 PM, #7
                          RE: Corbin.., Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOne, Apr-12-01 04:46 AM, #8

TeamJasonESi_TApr-10-01 06:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
3107 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#465, "Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 0

I'm using the software supplied by Alex Peper.

Many times Wyatt and I exchange notes through the use of the same software. The software is basically free. He just gives you a registration # to enter into a line in the program and sends you the connector to plug your laptop into your car.

You may be able to inquire with him whether this software would be compatible to obd-1. By telling him I was a DSM member, I was given a discount and bought his package for $88 if I remember correctly.

http://www.obd-2.com

Hope this helps...

Jason
98' Eagle Talon ESi-T
Mitsu Super 16g Turbo(HRC)/Custom FMIC

http://springfielddsm.homestead.com/JasonsPics.html

04' BMW 325Ci
91' Nissan 240SX
98' Eagle Talon ESi (sold)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

95ESiApr-10-01 07:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#466, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 1

Nope tried that. I emailed him if the logger will work for us, and sadly, it's only for OBD2.

What was DSM thinking when they put OBD1 on 1995?!?! The OBD1 logger for 1Gs won't work for us so I've told...so what do I get a logger that works?!?!?

No way am I gonna pay $1000 for one..

l e o n

dsm1Apr-10-01 08:38 AM
Old School 2GNTer
388 posts,
#467, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 2

This might be a stupid question to you guys but,I was wondering what kinds of programs were out there? Where i work sells laptops fairly cheap to employees and if i were to get one would i be able to diagnos my car problems with the laptop and obd-II software? I'm not familiar in this realm of tuning. Will i need special equipment besides the laptop or a certain kind of PC? The kind available to me is a IBM 770 touchpad or thinkpad(can't remember)i'm still fresh in the computer world.

e-mail: blitzdsm1@aol.com

STAR Turbo stage II
180whp @ 5psi(untuned)

ModeratorCorbinApr-10-01 12:52 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
#468, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 2

From all the sites I keep seeing, it looks like an OBDII data logger can read any OBDII car (using the proper adapter). It doesn't seem to be brand specific (except the plug). This makes me think that an OBDI logger will work on any OBDI car (if you have the adapter). Someone has got to test this out. We just need to find someone with an OBDI logger and test it out on our cars. I'm going to try my best to find someone with a logger to let me try it. If it works, I am so going to get the pocket logger (Palm III's are cheap on e-bay and the software is cheap too). I encourage anyone else to try to borrow an OBDI logger too...Leon?

Corbin
'95 ESI-T
HRC + FMIC
http://members.nbci.com/cbehnken/

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

95ESiApr-10-01 01:30 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#469, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 4

LAST EDITED ON 10-Apr-01 AT 06:32 PM (PST)

For the universal OBD1 loggers, I'm pretty sure that would work on our cars. But then you are expecting to be paying lotsa $$$.

www.pocketlogger.com has an OBD1 logger on Palmpilot for the 1Gs only. I asked them about it for our application. They told me it wouldn't work and they will eventually release a version for us. It probably has something to do with the differences between Mitsubishi vs Chrysler ECUs.

TMO also has an OBD1 logger too, but I believe that won't work for us either. (I haven't tried, so if anyone has a 1G logger, please try and prove me wrong!)

One other thing, the early model 2GNTs are really weird. If you look under the dash you will find two connectors, OBD-1 and OBD-2. What were they thinking?!? Why didn't they just go with OBD-2 in the first place!! ARGHHH Seems to me that the early models 2GNT were rushed out the assembly plants.

l e o n

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-11-01 09:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#470, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 5

The Tech Manual says that all 2g's are OBD2 compliant, but since OBD2 didn't actually come into effect until the 96 model year, the 95's might not be *FULLY* compliant OBD2 spec. There may be subtle differences... An OBD2 datalogger will probably work for us, but there are things it will try to read that our system doesn't have... which means you might not get some sensor inputs, etc. Try it and find out.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

95ESiApr-11-01 05:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#471, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 6

LAST EDITED ON 11-Apr-01 AT 10:39 PM (PST)

OBD2 logger won't work. You won't even be to get any data out since you won't be able to connect it to the diagnostic port! (OBD2 and OBD1 plugs are different)

Stupid thing is that all the turbo versions are all OBD2, including the 1995 GSTs/GSXs/TSis. ARGHHHHHH

Global Ruler Of All ThingsDarkOneApr-12-01 04:46 AM
Donating 2GNT member
14938 posts,
#472, "RE: Corbin.."
In response to Reply # 7

From what i undersatnd, leon, there are two plugs under there. One of them is OBD2.

Get the Mitsubishi Technical Information manual for the 95-99 Eclipse HERE!
http://www.heavenz-not-0verflowing.com/files/dsmmanual.pdf

'95 Eclipse TurboGS (garage deco)
'95 TSi AWD (restoring a survivor)
'97 Talon ESi-T (poor impulse control)
'99 Eclipse RS-T (daily beater)
'13 Evo X (mostly stock)
'17 Sienna (Middle Aged Dad Mobile)

Factory Service Manuals: http://nawdu.de/files/

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #464 Previous topic | Next topic