Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #46281
View in linear mode

Subject: "EGR CEL?" Previous topic | Next topic
zhr420Mar-09-03 01:05 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46281, "EGR CEL?"

is there anyway to get rid of it. i have pulled the entire system out of them car, and blocked off at the intake mani and block. is there any kind of electronic compontent, like for the O2 sensor when you don't have a cat, that will solve the CEL to go away
later
"Z"

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: EGR CEL?, rydereclipse, Mar-09-03 03:18 AM, #1
RE: EGR CEL?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-09-03 04:54 AM, #2
      RE: EGR CEL?, zhr420, Mar-09-03 08:37 AM, #3
           RE: EGR CEL?, TeamMetalJim, Mar-09-03 12:33 PM, #4
                RE: EGR CEL?, Teametx, Mar-09-03 03:24 PM, #5
                     RE: EGR CEL?, WIKKI, Mar-09-03 08:56 PM, #6
                          RE: EGR CEL?, zhr420, Mar-09-03 10:03 PM, #7
                               RE: EGR CEL?, WIKKI, Mar-09-03 10:38 PM, #8
                                    RE: EGR CEL?, zhr420, Mar-10-03 10:01 AM, #9
                                         RE: EGR CEL?, rydereclipse, Mar-10-03 01:11 PM, #10

rydereclipseMar-09-03 03:18 AM
Member since Feb 15th 2002
258 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46282, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 0

What CEL are u getting? Use Search for the code number and there should be a solution there for you.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMetalJimMar-09-03 04:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#46283, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 1

Did you take out the EGR solenoid? Supposedly, if you leave the solenoid hooked up to the wiring harnes then you won't get the CEL.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

zhr420Mar-09-03 08:37 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#46288, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 2

ok first the cel is the EGR insufficient flow, and i still got the CEL even with it hooked up.
later
"Z"

TeamMetalJimMar-09-03 12:33 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2135 posts,
#46303, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 3

Ok, well the reason I said supposedly is because I think it depends on what year you have. Can someone clear that one up? I haven't disabled mine, but I hear the 95s don't have this problem.

It sounds like you're failing the EGR monitor test.

95 Eclipse RS : 5 speed
Jeep TB writeup - http://www.dimensia.com:81/jimbo/JeepTBfor2gnt.html

TeametxMar-09-03 03:24 PM
Donating 2GNT member
9740 posts,
#46310, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 4

yeah, im getting this and i have not modded my egr system at all. but i do have an hrc stage 2 and full custom pipes 2.5 no cat, but the o2 sensors are both on. I have a 98 eclipse.

WIKKIMar-09-03 08:56 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#46332, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 5

my understanding is that with obdI cars, the ecu doesn't do a random egr flow test, but with obdII it does. (ie. the ecu opens up the valve randomly at startup and measures the response of the vehicle)

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

zhr420Mar-09-03 10:03 PM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#46335, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 6

i am prety sure i am OBDI and i get the CEL.
i know why the CEL is on my question is, is there anyway besides puttin the EGR thing back on, to get rid of the CEL
later
"Z"

WIKKIMar-09-03 10:38 PM
Donating 2GNT member
699 posts,
#46336, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 7

I think that what this is leading to is, that if you hook up just the solenoid, it may get rid of the CEL. (beings that you are obdI)

peace
WIKKI

THAT is not f**king THAT!
THIS is f**king THIS!

zhr420Mar-10-03 10:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
557 posts,
#46354, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 8

no that won't happen, becasue first i had the solinod hooked up, but blocked off at the block and i still got the CEL thats when i decided to just rip everything off.
later
"Z"

rydereclipseMar-10-03 01:11 PM
Member since Feb 15th 2002
258 posts,
#46368, "RE: EGR CEL?"
In response to Reply # 9

unplug the vacuum transducer and the EGR solenoid (not the valve) and wire in a 10 ohm 10 watt resistor. As far as the actual solenoid i wired in another 10 watt 10 ohm resistor with a 1/2 watt 2 ohm resistor, in series, and the codes went away. I have a 95 eclipse, and this worked for me, it may not work for you, but it cant hurt to try. If all else fails hit up Corbin, he can guide you through it.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #46281 Previous topic | Next topic