Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #456
View in linear mode

Subject: "ARP head bolts" Previous topic | Next topic
95ESiApr-10-01 03:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#456, "ARP head bolts"

LAST EDITED ON 10-Apr-01 AT 09:01 AM (PST)

Pretty soon I will be getting my headgasket done.

I still have stock internals, so what should I get? New stock head bolts or ARP bolts or ARP studs???

Oh if I get ARP bolts, are these the ones?
(page6)
http://www.arp-bolts.com/media/CylinderHead.pdf

What are the specifications of the bolts that I will need?

As well, should I also get ARP bolts for the valve cover or should I save the $$$ for something better?

THANKS!

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ARP head bolts, 95ESi, Apr-10-01 07:19 AM, #1
RE: ARP head bolts, SEA97GS, Apr-10-01 07:23 AM, #2
RE: ARP head bolts, bustrblue1, Apr-10-01 08:46 AM, #3
      They are STUDS..., Skrilla, Apr-10-01 09:11 AM, #4
           I have turbo and need to replace HG..., 95ESi, Apr-10-01 01:37 PM, #5
                Nope use studs..., Skrilla, Apr-10-01 03:01 PM, #6
                     RE: Nope use studs..., 95ESi, Apr-11-01 08:25 AM, #7

95ESiApr-10-01 07:19 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#457, "RE: ARP head bolts"
In response to Reply # 0

help??

l e o n

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SEA97GSApr-10-01 07:23 AM
Old School 2GNTer
127 posts,
#458, "RE: ARP head bolts"
In response to Reply # 0

Leon - I just replaced my headgasket and stuck with the stock bolts. If you are going to turbo your car or use NOS, then it would be a good idea to get a set of ARPs. Otherwise, just replace your stock ones and they should be fine.

I believe there is an archived post on what the specs are for the ARP bolts. Can't think of it right off hand though.

Sam Crawford
Blackbird
NW.DSM.ORG

97 Eclipse GS-15.463@88.57MPH - RIP
92 Talon TSi AWD-12.927@105.47MPH

bustrblue1Apr-10-01 08:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#459, "RE: ARP head bolts"
In response to Reply # 2

i'm doing my head gasket on my car, unfortunately it's too late as far as i know, to get the ARP head studs, so could i put them on when i go turbo? would they have to do this anyways? because i'm also doing internals while the turbo is being installed. thanks

Matt

SkrillaApr-10-01 09:11 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#460, "They are STUDS..."
In response to Reply # 3

...bolts are different in assembly. Look into it www.2gnt.com and if you are doing your internals then they can install them then. If they are just installing the turbo then, no, you can't install them without disassembling your cylnder head again.

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

95ESiApr-10-01 01:37 PM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#461, "I have turbo and need to replace HG..."
In response to Reply # 4

I already have a turbo. But I need to get the headgasket replaced now. And since the head is coming off, I think replacing the stock bolts with ARP ones would be good? (I won't be doing internals just yet.)

I remember seeing somewhere saying that if I'm not upgrading internals, I should just use replacement ARP bolts instead of using studs.

right????

Can this be done or am I wacked out?

l e o n

SkrillaApr-10-01 03:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#462, "Nope use studs..."
In response to Reply # 5

they hold tighter and getting them done with the HG is a good idea

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

95ESiApr-11-01 08:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
842 posts,
#463, "RE: Nope use studs..."
In response to Reply # 6

That would mean I have to machine several areas of the head so that I can use studs...

I'm not sure if the place that's gonna do my HG can do this..

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #456 Previous topic | Next topic