Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #417
View in linear mode

Subject: "After cat O2 sensor connector......................" Previous topic | Next topic
jdeyoApr-09-01 03:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
197 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#417, "After cat O2 sensor connector......................"

Where is it?

I can follow the O2 sensor before the cat, and the connector is near the A/C compressor or power steering.

When I follow the after cat senor wiring, it goes into the car under the drivers seat, then into the center console, then goes somewhere else. I have looked in the engine bay on the passenger side, but I cannot find it. I want to unplug it. I remember someone on this board saying that they unplugged there after cat o2 sensor and had no probs. I need to unplug it to test something. If someone has a service manual, please tell me where it is. Chiltons does not say, and the DSM technical manual does not say.

-Jdeyo
96 GS
Melbourne, FL

Iceman CAI | RS*R Cat-Back | AFX Pully | Milled Head 10:1 CR | MP 60mm TB

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................, Teameclipse804, Apr-09-01 04:18 PM, #1
RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................, jdeyo, Apr-10-01 01:21 AM, #2
RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-10-01 01:58 AM, #3
      RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................, Teameclipse804, Apr-10-01 05:14 AM, #4
Check this out, Lee, Apr-10-01 06:16 AM, #5
RE: Check this out, Teameclipse804, Apr-10-01 06:50 AM, #6

Teameclipse804Apr-09-01 04:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#418, "RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................"
In response to Reply # 0

Yup disconnected since september. Its inside the car. Under th driver's seat on your right hand side, you need to pull back the carpet to look for the connector. you migth also have to unscrew that panel to the right of your leg when you are in the driver's seat...

eclipse804@hotmail.com
http://importdeals.homestead.com
Import Parts and Performance

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

jdeyoApr-10-01 01:21 AM
Old School 2GNTer
197 posts,
#419, "RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks......

I will be looking for it today, and unpluggin the bitch.

-jdeyo
96 GS
Melbourne, FL

Iceman CAI | RS*R Cat-Back | AFX Pully | Milled Head 10:1 CR | MP 60mm TB

TeamMichael_97RSApr-10-01 01:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#420, "RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................"
In response to Reply # 1

What does unplugging the second O2 sensor do for you? I'm trying to think how this would help... and not trip the CEL.

I'm confused? Thanks.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Teameclipse804Apr-10-01 05:14 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#421, "RE: After cat O2 sensor connector......................"
In response to Reply # 3

Unplugging it does not help in any way and yes, it DOES trip the check engine light. I only unplugged it because my downstream o2 got ripped out (the wire) so its useless. I unplugged it to swap in a Bosch one, but the wire was too short, and I'm too broke to go buy and OEM one yet...it doesn't affect the car though since it is just checking to see if the cat is working properly for emissions.

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

LeeApr-10-01 06:16 AM
Old School 2GNTer
309 posts,
#422, "Check this out"
In response to Reply # 0

http://www.myzero.com/electrical/find-o2.html

Lee
http://www.geocities.com/turbo99gs

Speed Kills!
If you want to live forever buy a Honda!

Teameclipse804Apr-10-01 06:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#423, "RE: Check this out"
In response to Reply # 5

Actually that's for a 91 gs-t to tap the ecu signal. We are talking about physically unplugging the sensor from its socket under the driver's seat (not tapping the wire, which is wire 30 for the upstream o2 sensor from the ecu in our cars).

eclipse804@hotmail.com

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #417 Previous topic | Next topic