Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #40650
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATF+4 in manual transmission." Previous topic | Next topic
Avenger ESTJan-02-03 01:31 AM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40650, "ATF+4 in manual transmission."

Hi, I just came back from the dealer and I noticed that chrysler now reccomends ATF+4 fluid for all NVG-T350 transmissions EXCEPT the pt cruiser one (which is still listed to use the old special fluid). why is this?

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on............

A.D.P.
"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
bring it on...........

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., Moderator992gnt, Jan-02-03 03:53 AM, #1
RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., MotoFool, Jan-02-03 07:29 AM, #2
      RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., ez, Jan-02-03 07:49 AM, #3
           RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., Fast420A, Jan-02-03 09:02 AM, #4
           RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., juggalo, Jan-02-03 09:10 AM, #5
                RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., eclipse_99rs, Jan-02-03 12:57 PM, #6
                     RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., Breezio, Jan-02-03 02:31 PM, #7
RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., WheatKing, Jan-03-03 04:45 PM, #8
RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., Avenger EST, Jan-05-03 05:21 PM, #9
RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., juggalo, Jan-05-03 09:25 PM, #10
      RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., MrSlick, Jan-06-03 10:07 AM, #11
           RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., Matt_95tgs, Jan-06-03 02:22 PM, #12
RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., dudasd, Jan-07-03 02:35 AM, #13
      RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission., WheatKing, Jan-07-03 05:33 AM, #14

Moderator992gntJan-02-03 03:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2245 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40651, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 0

What does the '+4' signify? I don't think I'll be putting auto tranny fluid in my car anytime soon though.

Greg

'19 Genesis G70 3.3t AWD
'88 Chrysler Conquest TSI

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MotoFoolJan-02-03 07:29 AM
Member since Sep 08th 2002
2103 posts,
#40652, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 1

back in 1989 honda racing team switched to usging all atf in their race vehicles, i now run it in all trannys i use atf type f i havent run it in our tranny but i dont see why it would hurt, there are no clutches ina manual, in fact the atf type f gave me more clutch grip then normal oil,

the new pt cruisar tranny is not a new venture tranny is why it does not use the same fluid,

You can have it cheap, fast or good. Pick any two.

If you want it cheap and fast, it's not going to be good.
If you want it cheap and good, it's not going to be fast.
If you want it good and fast, it's not going to be cheap.

ezJan-02-03 07:49 AM
Old School 2GNTer
3461 posts,
#40653, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 2

side question here just cause I wanna know, what do numbers and letters stand for in NVG-T350? sorry, I feel curious today

2gnt: '99 RS-T, killed by a toyota, pending rebuild...
Daily: Volt
Daily #2: '99 EVG ebike- STOLEN by PEDRO

Fast420AJan-02-03 09:02 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#40654, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 3

My last rebuilt tranny had a BAD leak, I was already getting rid of the car so instead of buying more $15 per bottle MTX fluid, I bought ATF+4 fluid, the tranny was blown in like 4 days after I put the ATF in it, good luck, but I wouldn't do it.

________________________________________________________________________________________
Car Sold

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

juggaloJan-02-03 09:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#40655, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 3

>side question here just cause I wanna know, what do numbers
>and letters stand for in NVG-T350? sorry, I feel curious
>today

New Venture Gear
thats the name of the company that makes them.
the "T" is for transaxle and the "350" is the model number

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

eclipse_99rsJan-02-03 12:57 PM
Member since Apr 11th 2002
2659 posts,
#40656, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 5

take it back and get the mtx fluid the atf is wrong. They were looking at the neon tranny in the chart. I had this happen to me about a month ago, I brought it back and they gave me the right stuff.

myspace.com/coastiecobb

BreezioJan-02-03 02:31 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4863 posts,
#40657, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 6

yeah, i wouldnt' advise running that new (possibly wrong oil) but just so ya know all the newer Ford manuals run ATF fluid.. comes in there from the factory. I put in ATF synthec blend about 17K miles ago.. runs like a champ and seems to shift a little better with the synthec blend in there.

but, it's a ford tranny.. not an eclipse one.. hehe.

WheatKingJan-03-03 04:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#40658, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 0

I emailed NVG about a few things and they are putting ATF+4 in them now.

------------
Dave,
Please contact one of the following distributors for pricing and
availability:

All Transmission - 1-800-237-8601

Midwest Transmission - 1-888-824-2012

Total Gear - 1-888-440-1184

- Yes the T-750 would fit the 2.0L(and 2.4L) engine as well as the T-850 RG models. The only difference is on the T-850 where they have larger half-shaft splines...which they would probably want in these drag racing applications. Input to output distance is the same in all transmissions(203mm).

- The T-350 "old" oil service part number 4874465 is a 5w-30 motor oil with a synthetic limited slip additive in it(for shift quality). It is definitely better than the ATF we are using today if they want a stock OEM oil. In the extreme application he's talking about (300Lb.-Ft.+), I would recommend using a full synthetic 75w-90 like Amsoil series 2000 gear lube product code: TGR. This is if they stay with the T-350....actually the Amsoil is so good it should also be used in a T-850 if they elect to go that route.

----------------------------

-- WheatKing

>Hi, I just came back from the dealer and I noticed that
>chrysler now reccomends ATF+4 fluid for all NVG-T350
>transmissions EXCEPT the pt cruiser one (which is still
>listed to use the old special fluid). why is this?
>
>
>A.D.P.
>"...If you do too much, people become dependant. If you do
>to little, people loose hope. If you do it right, people
>won't be sure you've done anything at all."
>bring it on............

-- DSM Junkie --
4 - 1G talons
4 - Avenger/sebrings
1 - Jeep to tow em home when they break

Avenger ESTJan-05-03 05:21 PM
Member since Nov 19th 2001
658 posts,
#40659, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 8

I KNEW IT!!!!! I KNEW THAT SHIT WAS THIN!! :-D 5w30 eh. I thought it was 10w30 with friction modifier (I was close). so they reccomend ams-oil 75w90 eh? I'm putting that stuff in the ol' vr-4 next week . good to know it is that good. how beefy is that t-850, and does the bell-housing interchange with the t-350? does it have a lower gear ratio (that is really nice for highways. that 3.94 almost drove me insane before I changed 5'th gear)

A.D.P.
bring it on............

A.D.P.
bring it on...........

juggaloJan-05-03 09:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2945 posts,
#40660, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 9

according to the website the t-850 is still in development.
http://newventuregear.com/transaxles.html

dsm/mitsubishi service manuals https://www.mediafire.com/folder/5k14qlaulb9s1/dsm_mitsubishi

service manuals(my whole collection) https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ac51jwwa3g1n1/automotive_manuals

MrSlickJan-06-03 10:07 AM
Member since Jul 22nd 2002
1120 posts,
#40661, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 10

Guys...

I'ce been running my current Manual tranny with Synthetic ATF for the last 15,000 miles.... (Three or so monthes of milage).

IT's running absolutelly perfect... other than the clutch that brad sent me.... thats worn out a little now....

But so far my tranny seems PERFECT with the synthetic ATF... but I would only recomend synthetic.....

I ca get NVT-350 trannys real cheap anyway, like $200.... so I'll see how long this one lasts.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megasquirt powered 420A
Custom turbo system

http://www.ms-custom.com

Matt_95tgsJan-06-03 02:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1246 posts,
#40662, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 11

Would you mind me asking where you can get NVG-350 trannies for $200??? I would really like a spare

Matt
1995 Eclipse GS
2.0L, S16g Turbo, 8 Injectors, 26psi

1998 Eclipse GSX
2.3L Stroker, AEM EMS Converted to Speed Density, FP3065 Turbo, 35psi , and so on...

dudasdJan-07-03 02:35 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#40663, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 8

>- Yes the T-750 would fit the 2.0L(and 2.4L) engine as well
>as the T-850 RG models. The only difference is on the T-850
>where they have larger half-shaft splines...which they would
>probably want in these drag racing applications. Input to
>output distance is the same in all transmissions(203mm).
>

So would there be any advantage of dropping in a T750???

WheatKingJan-07-03 05:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
133 posts,
#40664, "RE: ATF+4 in manual transmission."
In response to Reply # 13

Different gearing, higher torque input rating.

The t-850 tranny is the one used in the neon SRT-4.. not to be confused with the getrag tranny used on the PT.

I'm not sure of the ratios on the T-850.. it uses larger axle splines though.. that might be handy..

http://www.newventuregear.com/transaxles.html

-- WheatKing

-- DSM Junkie --
4 - 1G talons
4 - Avenger/sebrings
1 - Jeep to tow em home when they break

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #40650 Previous topic | Next topic