Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #39893
View in linear mode

Subject: "Power steering beware!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
Jivedady63Dec-18-02 08:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
71 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39893, "Power steering beware!!!"

Recently my power steering bracket broke,this is almost a recall so watch yourselves. I almost bought an unneeded tentioner. the new bracket they have is heavier and reinforced from stock. also do not drive your cars with no power steering it will ruin your steering rack and have to replace it for like 800.I didn't but the tech at my mitsu dealership said that it happened on another eclipse. although i did notice a increase in power without powersteering

95 GS Greddy SP, KYB AGX, Progress springs(suck),custom intake,HP strut tower bar $30(proud),15$ camber mod, symborski shift kit,high flo cat,msd coil, 10.3mm wires,ss autocrome header,getting goldline springs
donations are accepted, no offer refused

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

flossinpnoyracerDec-19-02 03:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
831 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#39894, "RE: Power steering beware!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

regarding power steering belt going to shreds almost everyone i know had the belts being shredded because of this problem.. I too had this problem and got it replaced from satan but i had extended warranty with 100 deductible but still it should be a recall!!!

I think we should get like some signatures going or something and have everyone demand satan to make this as a recall and so everyone can get their money back!!!

Just like the person trying to recall the gsx wheels being badly constructed because they bend easily

1999 GST

1997 RS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

thedawgDec-19-02 03:30 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#39895, "RE: Power steering beware!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Recalls only work if the defect poses significant threat of danger to passengers. Ford didn't recall their sh*tty tires until like 40 people had died. Plus it's Mitsubishi we're talking about. They're called Satan for a reason.

fulleclipse96Dec-19-02 04:40 AM
Member since Nov 06th 2002
87 posts,
#39896, "RE: Power steering beware!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

no a company can recall it if it just has a tendancy to break, our explorer had some recall on the throttle body and I don't see that causing a lot of deaths

thedawgDec-19-02 09:37 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6287 posts,
#39897, "RE: Power steering beware!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

There's a recall (tsb?) on some Eclipses for probably the same reason... a throttle cable under the dash can shift and become stuck.

If there was a problem with a ford throttlebody sticking open, you bet they'd want to recall it for safety reasons.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #39893 Previous topic | Next topic