Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #374
View in linear mode

Subject: "Engine swap on 99 Eclipse RS?" Previous topic | Next topic
9D9 MITSU RSApr-09-01 07:36 AM
Donating 2GNT member
6845 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#374, "Engine swap on 99 Eclipse RS?"

I was wandering if you could put a 3000 GT motor in an Eclipse RS. Anyone know? I doubt the TT engine will fit, but maybe the V6 NT. Anyone know if it will work and if it will be worth it?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Engine swap on 99 Eclipse RS?, cyan, Apr-09-01 07:47 AM, #1
I agree..., Skrilla, Apr-09-01 09:02 AM, #2
      RE: I agree..., HadesOmega, Apr-09-01 07:26 PM, #4
What about a 2000 eclipse could you get a 3000 GT motor in it?, onefastgs, Apr-09-01 07:20 PM, #3
I don't kow for sure..., Skrilla, Apr-10-01 09:00 AM, #5
      about the 2000 Eclipse, Irfan, Apr-11-01 06:54 AM, #6

cyanApr-09-01 07:47 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2958 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#375, "RE: Engine swap on 99 Eclipse RS?"
In response to Reply # 0

well, i dont know if it will fit but i can tell you the answer to your second question...a BIG no!
even if you could get it in there for less than the $2500 installed price for a stage two turbo kit it would still be slower

http://www.geocities.com/blue2gnt

1995 Eclipse GS - HRC Stage 2 - Retired.
2004 350z Enthusiast / 2008 Nissan Versa SL

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaApr-09-01 09:02 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#376, "I agree..."
In response to Reply # 1

Neither would fit. Our block bairly fits into our engine bay. I have swapped blocks before in my car. There's less than an inch on one side toward the bottom and the other side(driver's) is about 3-5" but that's where you piping runs(like intake)

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

HadesOmegaApr-09-01 07:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#377, "RE: I agree..."
In response to Reply # 2

Why would you want to swap a practically brand new engine? The 420A is no weak engine also, heh try to get a custom made supercharger if you wanna be special. hehe

95 Mitsu Eclipse RS
AFX Pulley | Performance Muffler | Cold Air Intake | KYB AGX Shox | Skunk2 Coilovers | and 1 highly skilled driver |

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

onefastgsApr-09-01 07:20 PM
Old School 2GNTer
234 posts,
#378, "What about a 2000 eclipse could you get a 3000 GT motor in it?"
In response to Reply # 0

What about a 2000 eclipse could you get a 3000 GT motor in it?

SkrillaApr-10-01 09:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#379, "I don't kow for sure..."
In response to Reply # 3

...but I doubt it highly. The 2.5L Chrys is the biggest that can comfortably fit and even that requires cutting. The 2GNT and Neon have smaller engine compartments than the other cloud cars. So I don't think the Mitsu 3L would make it(new or not) but it is a nice engine. You don't want the mitsu engine anyway. They are tough to do serious engine work on. Our 420a is VERY simple(event the 2.4L big brother)

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

IrfanApr-11-01 06:54 AM
Old School 2GNTer
566 posts,
#380, "about the 2000 Eclipse"
In response to Reply # 5

I think the 3000GT engine should fit in the 2000's, since they are both 3 Liters. I dont know how the setups are similar or different though.

2GNT Member #76, since Fall 1999

Drives: 2004 Mazda RX-8
Drove: 1999 Saab 9-5 SE
1999 Eclipse GS Hahn Stage 1

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #374 Previous topic | Next topic