Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #322
View in linear mode

Subject: "Eclipse fipk vs. 3000Gt fipk" Previous topic | Next topic
shybuckApr-07-01 03:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
811 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#322, "Eclipse fipk vs. 3000Gt fipk"

I have heard that the 3000Gt is the best one to get for the 2g turbo, but that was before the eclipse had a fipk availvable. Does anyone know if the eclipse is better or is the 3000Gt still the clear choice. Of course this is only for n/t cars so I dont if the 3000Gt will even fit, but the eclipse fipk is built for the n/t vehicles. Of course these are all from K@N. Thanx for the help.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamStan2gntApr-07-01 04:53 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#323, "RE: Eclipse fipk vs. 3000Gt fipk"
In response to Reply # 0

The only difference between the 3000GT FIPK and the 2G GST/GSX FIPK is the 3000GT one is not carb legal on the 2G DSM. Since it was available first 2G owners used the 3000GT filter. Then the 2G filter came out and most buy which ever they can get for cheaper (to stay carb kegao they must use a 2G filter on the 2G and 3000GT filter on the 3000GT). All this is a mute point because neither will fit a NT. For a NT you need about 5" of 3" diameter pipe and any filter with a 3" inlet thats about 6" long (most universals).

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

klipzracerApr-08-01 01:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#324, "RE: Eclipse fipk vs. 3000Gt fipk"
In response to Reply # 1

okay, what the hell is a fipk??????

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

TeamStan2gntApr-08-01 11:08 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#325, "RE: Eclipse fipk vs. 3000Gt fipk"
In response to Reply # 2

LAST EDITED ON 08-Apr-01 AT 04:09 PM (PST)

K&N Filtercharger (open element fitler kits, not the drop in. Fuel Injection Performance Kits=FIPK

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

klipzracerApr-09-01 12:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#326, "RE: Eclipse fipk vs. 3000Gt fipk"
In response to Reply # 3

ahhhhhh. thanx for the 411 stan!

Chris
Project RS
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
"Now wobble, wobble........and drop it like it's hot."
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #322 Previous topic | Next topic