Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #31641
View in threaded mode

Subject: "A/F gauge wiring ?" 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSSep-01-02 03:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31641, "A/F gauge wiring ?"

OK, I got the autometer A/F gauge so I can put my pillar to use. My question concerns the wiring. Which wire do I need to tap into at the ECU? Also, where did you guys wire the power wire too (it has to turn on and off with the ignition) TIA

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic: Pages 1 | 2
optimuspetersonSep-01-02 04:01 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2353 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#31642, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 0

assuming you didn't know this but there is a post about a/f in the "seen this before" section. has eveything you will need

http://home.bendcable.com/optimuspeterson <<<<HRC Stage 2 and Star Instructions
95 Eclipse - SOLD | 93 BMW 318is - SOLD | 2000 S-10 Extreme on 20's - SOLD
93 Toyota/shaved/bagged/body dropped - SOLD | 97 GSX - SOLD
2006 Scion tC

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BlackVengeSep-01-02 04:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
#31643, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 1

tap into the black wire with the white stripe at the ecu, and you can run the power into the fuse box and tie it into the radio fuse.

ttyl

Matt
Exile Racing Technologies

dudasdSep-01-02 05:22 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#31644, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 2

Toney just get with Doug, you forget he did mine since he needed to solder the wiring together for it, wait a second....weren;t uyou there when we did it????? Your gonna need the connection soldered so just get with him and hook it up....

UFOSep-02-02 02:42 AM
Old School 2GNTer
87 posts,
#31645, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 2

>tap into the black wire with the white stripe at the ecu,
>and you can run the power into the fuse box and tie it into
>the radio fuse.

WAIT!.....
I think the O2 wire is a WHITE WIRE WITH BLACK STRIPE.

2G UFO

420aVengerSep-02-02 02:49 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1287 posts,
#31646, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 4

>>>I think the O2 wire is a WHITE WIRE WITH BLACK STRIPE.<<<

That sounds like the power wire.

BlackVengeSep-02-02 02:58 AM
Old School 2GNTer
117 posts,
#31647, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 5

youre right, it is the white wire with the black stripe. my fault

ttyl

Matt
Exile Racing Technologies

1TuffRSSep-02-02 03:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#31648, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks guys, ill check the things weve seen before section

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

John99RSSep-12-02 04:54 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#31649, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 7

Tony, my write up is in the mods section.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

TeamStan2gntSep-12-02 05:00 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#31650, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 8

use the positive (blue wire) and neg wire from the cigarette lighter connection, its easy to get too, just pull the left side panel on the center console.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

1TuffRSSep-12-02 11:00 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#31651, "RE: A/F gauge wiring ?"
In response to Reply # 9

Ill definitely try that out Stan, cuz Ive got the gauge wired to my stereo power and ground right now and not only does it not work unless the radio is off, but when the radio is on the bass doesnt hit as hard and the music sounds distorted like I need an amp. Is that how you had all your gauges wired?

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #31641 1 | 2 | Previous topic | Next topic