Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #268
View in linear mode

Subject: "Aftermarket Air Intake problem" Previous topic | Next topic
98EclipseGSApr-05-01 07:07 PM
Old School 2GNTer
6 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#268, "Aftermarket Air Intake problem"

Anyone else have this problem? I have a short arm air intake from Tucan and a ractive shielded air filter. I love the sound this makes on take off and through out the gears. Ok the question is.. Does anyone else have problems with the short arm rubbing against the battery? I was told this would eventually wear thought the intake. Any other intakes work better?

thanks for any help

Marcus
"CoBen67"
98EclispeGS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DSMLVRApr-05-01 10:39 PM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#269, "RE: Aftermarket Air Intake problem"
In response to Reply # 0

Is the battery tray wide enough so the battery can be moved over in the tray? If not, try cutting a short piece of old radiator or heater hose (slice it in half so the curve matches the intake and place(squeeze)it between the battery and the intake. This will help prevent rub thru.
Good Luck

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSApr-06-01 12:40 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#270, "RE: Here's what I did."
In response to Reply # 0

Electrical tape. I wrapped the battery tie down in tape and put several strips in the intake itself. The battery covers all this up so you don't see it and you are no longer rubbing metal on metal. I checkl it every once and a while to see if I need to add more take but so far I haven't had too. Then one day when I move my battery to my trunk I won't have to worry about this at all.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

js99rsApr-06-01 05:46 AM
Old School 2GNTer
332 posts,
#271, "RE: Here's what I did."
In response to Reply # 2

my aem cai does the same thing

-jason

VxROxVApr-07-01 06:35 PM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#272, "RE: Here's what I did."
In response to Reply # 3

I think pretty much all the aftermarket intakes do the same thing... RUB! what u can do is hammer the bracket and bend it a lil to clear the intake TUBE... or use one of the RUbber vacuum hose and wrap it around the battery Bracket... or use electrical tape and some sort of pads and tape the part of the intake that rubs or you can do all 3 like i did =)

RO

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #268 Previous topic | Next topic