Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #244
View in linear mode

Subject: "ATTN: all 96-up talon esi's!" Previous topic | Next topic
Lar95sickApr-05-01 08:51 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#244, "ATTN: all 96-up talon esi's!"

Hey Ya'll i to have a talon and i was just wondering what i should be expecting from my 1/4 mile times. could you put what you guys have and/or heard them runm, with the mods you have done to your car put a list. i need to know what i can expect or should be expecting. Thanx

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-05-01 01:25 PM

#245, "RE: ATTN: all 96-up talon esi's!"
In response to Reply # 0

I dont know if you know this but your car and my car are exaclty the same except some minor body things. I have only been to the track twice, really once becasuse the second time i only got one run in. Anyways I ran a 16.2 my first time at the track. And my 60' time was a 2.5(which is horrible)!!! I think I can run a 15.9 or so with some work on my launches and I recently put on the front motor mount which should help the launch.

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
PRO KIT (not in pic)
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

BoostnRSApr-05-01 04:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
204 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#246, "RE: ATTN: all 96-up talon esi's!"
In response to Reply # 1

With all the bolt-ons you should be in the neighborhood of mid-15's if car is driven properly !

HadesOmegaApr-05-01 05:13 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#247, "RE: ATTN: all 96-up talon esi's!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey I think my car is almost exactly like yours, 95' mitsu eclipse RS. Anyway that's a good question, I'm going to sears point next week to test my cars power out (I prefer carving up some turns but this is a good way to calculate HP). From what I've heard a stock 2GNT can do 16s. A RS or ESi can probably get a lower time because they are 300 lbs lighter than the GS.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

SaberKhanApr-05-01 05:17 PM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
#248, "RE: ATTN: all 96-up talon esi's!"
In response to Reply # 3

A stock RS with a good driver can wrestle out a low 16. A very good driver. Most of the guys with intake/header/exhaust are only seeing low low 16's to 15.9's. Just all depends. Good luck =o)

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #244 Previous topic | Next topic