Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #234
View in linear mode

Subject: "PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
bustrblue1Apr-05-01 05:48 AM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#234, "PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"

ok, here's the prob. my car has done this before but not as severe. and not for this long. was in a parking lot, went to start my car and guess what, wouldn't start. i tried and tried, nothing. a friend picked me up and i came back later. after a few tries it started and i got it home, cut it off and tried to cut it back on, wouldn't start. it will turn over but not fully start. some people get confused about this so i'll try to explain a little better. know the sound the engine makes when your starting it right before it cranks all the way up? the rrnnrnnrnnrn sound? that's all it does. one time i had it studdering barely between 0-350rpms and thats only if i pumped the gas. eventually it would cut off. i've checked the battery, cables, wires, plugs and fuses. nothing. could it be the fuel pump? how can i tell? i listened and couldn't tell if the fuel pump was coming on or not. i just changed the oil, oil filter and got a full tank of gas before this happened. thanks and sorry for the long post

Matt
'95 Eclipse GS

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, EvMan2345, Apr-05-01 06:57 AM, #1
RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, bustrblue1, Apr-05-01 07:33 AM, #2
RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, JustOne, Apr-05-01 07:39 AM, #3
      RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, JustOne, Apr-05-01 07:50 AM, #4
           RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, bustrblue1, Apr-05-01 08:56 AM, #5
                RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, John99RS, Apr-05-01 09:07 AM, #6
                     RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, bustrblue1, Apr-05-01 09:34 AM, #7
                          RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!, bustrblue1, Apr-07-01 04:55 PM, #9
Get the Starter checked 1st..., Skrilla, Apr-05-01 12:25 PM, #8

EvMan2345Apr-05-01 06:57 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1888 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#235, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Could be the gas, i went to shell, filled up with 93, then 25 ft after i pulled out my car stalled. It wouldnt restart, i brought it to my uncles shop, he checked some things, then he checked the gas, and it was really dirty. He siphoned the gas out, put on a new fuel filter (it was time to do that too) and i was out.

Evan B
02 Explorer
97 GS- sold
90 GSX-sold
Stamford CT
EvMan2345@aol.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

bustrblue1Apr-05-01 07:33 AM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#236, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

that's possible but what about it happening before? i only use 93 octane. and would i be able to check the gas myself? and could i change the fuel filter myself? if someone can help me on these please do thanks.

Matt

JustOneApr-05-01 07:39 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#237, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Sounds like a fuel problem. You want to start small and work up. I would change the fuel filter first, then the ingectors, then the fuel pump. I would also put some of that 44k fuel system cleaner in. It comes in a small black can and works real well. As far as the gas I dont know. You should find a gas station that has real good gas and ALWAYS us the same kind (just that company) I use Total gas. ALWAYS us as high of octain as poss.

But I would try a full tuneup before I started replacing things like the fuel pump. Clean air filter, new oil filter and change, new fuel filter, and clean the ingectors, etc.

Hope this helps give you some ideas. When you find out what it is post a rep. I would like to know what it ends up being.

JustOneApr-05-01 07:50 AM
Old School 2GNTer
1278 posts,
#238, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

fuel filter is easy...

Its location is on the fire wall for those who have a 95. I have a 96 and it was right next to the gas tank. I think it is in the same loc. for + years. Just disconect the fuel pump and try and start your car. If it starts this time let it run for about 5 min. w/ the pump disconected. Your car is supposed to run out of gas but everyone I have talked to as well as myself said that it just kept running. You have to do this to releave the press. in the fuel line. I took off my right rear wheel to get at the filter easyer. It is a small cone shaped metal peace. It has to lines (steel) conected to it. If you dont know what it looks like go to the auto part store and get a newone. That way you know what it looks like to find the old one. It is as simple as just disconecting the to lines and putting the new filter in. Just be aware of the gas. It will pore all over so us rubber gloves and rags if you dont want to smell like gas for the next week.

gota go I will be back on the board later tonight if you have anymore questions. Good luc

bustrblue1Apr-05-01 08:56 AM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#239, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

would the fuel filter being messed up cause this? thanks
Matt

John99RSApr-05-01 09:07 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#240, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 5

Hey man, that's exactly what my car is doing. I had the same problem back in Dec. and the dealer never got any error codes for it. They ended up replacing the ECU, cam position sensor and the fuel relay pack. It's been fine until yesterday. The dealer now has it again and they haven't called me about it yet. I'll post what they find ok(if they do?). Let me know if you find anything new with yours. Thanks

John
AOL IM: John99RS
john99rs@hotmail.com
http://johnseclipse.homestead.com

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

bustrblue1Apr-05-01 09:34 AM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#241, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 6

i'll let you know if i find out anything, doesn't look good so far. i'm going to try to replace the fuel filter but i don't know if that will do anything or not. i hate this. i love my car to much to not be able to drive it.agghhhhhh!!!!

Matt

bustrblue1Apr-07-01 04:55 PM
Old School 2GNTer
340 posts,
#242, "RE: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 7

well, i jacked my car up today and looked at the fuel lines for the fuel filter. couldn't find it anywhere. looked to me like it just went straight into the gas tank. maybe it's just because i don't know what they look like, i don't know. but a fuel filter being messed up wouldn't cause all of this would it? oh yeah, if i try starting it and then leave it to the on position the oil light stays on and the check engine flashes five times off and on again. someone please help. i have no idea how to fix this and can't get it to a shop. thanks

Matt

SkrillaApr-05-01 12:25 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#243, "Get the Starter checked 1st..."
In response to Reply # 0

...I emailed you

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #234 Previous topic | Next topic