Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 6 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #206
View in linear mode

Subject: "tranny problem.. help?? :-(" Previous topic | Next topic
JunoonApr-04-01 12:08 PM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#206, "tranny problem.. help?? :-("

my gear shifter have had some play in it for a long time... so finally today... i took the battery and battery tray out.. and found out that... the "thing" (don't know what its called) where the shift cable attaches has play in it.. it moves a lil freely. while the select cable is stiff... so i looked into chilton which wasn't any help.. so now i'm asking you guyz if any of you know what to do about it??
if you look in chilton section 7-4 fig 5.. you'd see that there are select and shift cable.. and right below them there are two nobs(or whatever) where those cable attaches...

thanks for any suggestion that you guyz have...

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
AF/X UDP (waiting for shipment )
K&N Filter

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student
Michigan

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

VxROxVApr-04-01 06:23 PM
Old School 2GNTer
43 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#207, "RE: tranny problem.. help?? :-("
In response to Reply # 0

well, how much play are you talking about?! Try putting the car in gear and measure how much play it has... i know is, it should not be more than an inch of play side to side... also, does it do it in all the gears or just a certain gear?! Does the shifter move around while driving when pressing and depressing the gas?!

RO

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

JunoonApr-05-01 01:17 AM
Old School 2GNTer
122 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#208, "RE: tranny problem.. help?? :-("
In response to Reply # 1

well it does it in all the gears.. it's not side to side but its forward and backword u can almost move it an inch(maybe more) back and forth.... even when its in the gear...

ENKEI RP02 17" x 7"
AF/X UDP (waiting for shipment )
K&N Filter

Junoon
97-RS
automotive/industrial design student
Michigan

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #206 Previous topic | Next topic