Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #20322
View in linear mode

Subject: "spark plugs" Previous topic | Next topic
1TuffRSApr-15-02 05:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20322, "spark plugs"

how often should they be changed?? I believe Im losing power and that this may be the cause

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

SaberKhanApr-15-02 08:29 AM
Old School 2GNTer
994 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#20323, "RE: spark plugs"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, it'll vary on driving type, engine condition, fuel run, etc etc etc, blah blah blah. I change mine probably every 5k miles. I also change my oil every 1500 miles, or more often and do so with some Mobil 1 and Bilstein RS2000 treatment. If you drive it like you stole it, its best if you change/check the fluids and other maintenance items more often.

91 awd: 60-1, 880's, E-Prom, etc.
93 awd: JDM 6 bolt, K&N, full exhaust, Wally 255, otherwise stock.

R.I.P. the original "Factory Freak"
15.5's with short ram and catback only
1996 RS 5-speed

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

HadesOmegaApr-15-02 10:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#20324, "RE: spark plugs"
In response to Reply # 1

I think it's every 2 oil changes 6000 or 3 I suggest checking up on them every couple thousand miles though so see how they're doing and to readjust the gap. After awhile the gap will widen so you gotta make it smaller again. Also you can check how you engine is running by taking the plugs out and examining them:
black=rich
grey=good
white=lean

Since your gonna take em out also you might as well do a compression test if you got the gauge. Use anti-seize and I guess tighten it till it stops then 1/8 turn I think. Haha just saying that cuz I broke the threads off of one of my spark plugs recently and it was quite a challenge getting it out.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #20322 Previous topic | Next topic