Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #186
View in linear mode

Subject: "modular to a non modular clutch" Previous topic | Next topic
piloto465Apr-04-01 12:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
16 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#186, "modular to a non modular clutch"

Hey guys can a put a non modular clutch stage 4 on my 97 Eclipse and lighten fly ?please help!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: modular to a non modular clutch, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-04-01 01:39 AM, #1
Yeah I'd like to know too, Skrilla, Apr-04-01 05:29 AM, #2
RE: modular to a non modular clutch, fastdsm, Apr-04-01 07:40 AM, #3
RE: modular to a non modular clutch, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-05-01 12:51 AM, #5
      RE: modular to a non modular clutch, TeamMichael_97RS, Apr-05-01 03:12 AM, #6
           RE: modular to a non modular clutch, TeamStan2gnt, Apr-05-01 03:44 PM, #7
RE: modular to a non modular clutch, Patrick, Apr-04-01 07:45 AM, #4

TeamMichael_97RSApr-04-01 01:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#187, "RE: modular to a non modular clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

I plan on a lightened flywheel and Non-MOdular Clutch in mine when I the Clutch, I just haven't decided which clutch.

Guys, I remember a while back a couple of you said the Fidanzia need to be machines before you installed a new clutch because of clearance with the clutch disc? Anybody?

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SkrillaApr-04-01 05:29 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#188, "Yeah I'd like to know too"
In response to Reply # 1

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

fastdsmApr-04-01 07:40 AM
Old School 2GNTer
19 posts,
#189, "RE: modular to a non modular clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

I know Murix did that when he had his car at Wilder Performance here in town. I don't think it's that much of a big deal other than popping the rivets out,etc. He put a CFDF in with a lightened flywheel. I think he's running a Clutch Masters stage 3 now... He'll be back in town here in the states this week so I will ask him.

TeamStan2gntApr-05-01 12:51 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#190, "RE: modular to a non modular clutch"
In response to Reply # 3

Murix put a CFDF clutch with a stock neon flywheel, the same set up I have now and like him I cant wait to get rid of it. I would like to go back to modular (unless your getting a lightened flywheel the modular is lighter. with forced induction I dont see that as a nececessity, maybe a hinderence). I dont want to go back to paying $700 per clutch (modular CM) so I may go with either a Clutchmasters stage 4 non modular with neon flywheel (since you all say its available non modular now) or Captain nemos DF clutch on the neon flywheel. If whatever I get doesn't work out I'm going back to modular CM stage 3 or 4.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

TeamMichael_97RSApr-05-01 03:12 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#191, "RE: modular to a non modular clutch"
In response to Reply # 5

I've been thinking for a cheeper set up that should still hold some good power. Get the Fidanzia Aluminum Flywheel, and the Borg Warner Brute Force Clutch. Should be around $500, and Borg Warner makes good stuff. This is the clutch I plan on replacing my Neons with(77k doesn't do a clutch good), so by the time I'm ready to do clutch on my Eclipse I'll know if I like the clutch or not.

I'm still curious if anybody had to machine their Fidanzia before install. I though I remember reading that on here...

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga
Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga
http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

TeamStan2gntApr-05-01 03:44 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#192, "RE: modular to a non modular clutch"
In response to Reply # 6

Been there done that with the borg wagner. Tried it with Fidanza and neon flywheel. Worst clutch I ever had. I've had borg warner clutches in other cars but this one took the cake for junk. Took it out and put the CFDF on the same flywheel and it worked 100 times better. The CFDF only slips at redline shifts.

Stan2gnt
Stan2va@aol.com
95 Talon ES-I-NOS but T soon!
http://members.nbci.com/FlyEsi/home.htm
You too can have a never updated site complete with old info and dated pics!

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

PatrickApr-04-01 07:45 AM
Old School 2GNTer
54 posts,
#193, "RE: modular to a non modular clutch"
In response to Reply # 0

I actually just ordered Clutchmasters' new stage 4 non-modular conversion kit today. Got a bit sick and tired of my ClutchNet 6-puck slipping once the boost came on strong. With the ClutchMasters conversion kit, you can either get it in Stage 3 or Stage 4 setup. There are also 2 prices on the kits. The one with the lightened aluminum flywheel is $1049, and the setup with the regular flywheel is $649. Talked to one of the fellas at Clutchmasters and found out you get 300lbs MORE plate pressure with the non-modular vs. the modular of the same stage!! I'm getting it in 7 days and will probably have it installed the same week. I'll let you guys know how it holds up on 18lbs of boost....

Patrick

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #186 Previous topic | Next topic