Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #17404
View in linear mode

Subject: "Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?" Previous topic | Next topic
1FastEclipseMar-14-02 04:10 AM
Donating 2GNT member
467 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17404, "Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"

I was wanting the pace setter exhuast but does the muffler that comes with it sound like crap? I don't want to sound anything near a honda. Also what is the best muffler to get to sound like a V8?

99GSX Auto 14b@17psi 13.345@102mph

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, dudasd, Mar-14-02 04:20 AM, #1
RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, 1TuffRS, Mar-14-02 05:14 AM, #2
      RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, MindBlowin03, Mar-14-02 05:35 AM, #3
           RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, Amish_Eclipse, Mar-15-02 05:21 PM, #4
                RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, Fast420A, Mar-15-02 05:33 PM, #5
                     RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, vegasdsmr, Mar-15-02 05:43 PM, #6
                          RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, neovb, Mar-15-02 06:24 PM, #7
                               RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, dudasd, Mar-15-02 06:36 PM, #8
                                    RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, DSMRoadster, Mar-15-02 07:59 PM, #9
                                         RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, CVedEclipse, Mar-15-02 08:45 PM, #10
                                         RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?, Fast420A, Mar-15-02 08:53 PM, #11

dudasdMar-14-02 04:20 AM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17405, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 0

I got the Pacesetter catback and to me it sounds pretty decent, has a nice low rumble to it. Overall haven't had anything to complain about with it, fit was good and everything.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

1TuffRSMar-14-02 05:14 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2338 posts,
#17406, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 1

I personally liked the sound of the pacesetter muffler while I had it on my car. The only prob for me was the tip looked like shit. I bought an OBX straight thru muffler and never looked back. It sounds better and looks incredible

Toney
'97 RS 5 Speed (totaled)
15.4606@88.42 Mph
96 Toyota Celica GT
88 Toyota Supra NA-T (w/ sports package)
Got Boost?? Hell yeah I-6 turbo powah baby!

MindBlowin03Mar-14-02 05:35 AM
Member since Feb 23rd 2002
128 posts,
#17407, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 2

Im with these guys. I currently have the Pacesetter on my car, and the sound is not loud at all. At WOT I can actually hear my intake over the exhaust. It does look very cheezy though. I did, however, order an Apexi N1 muffler the other day. Should be getting it tomorrow.

-Nick
97 ESi
93 Laser RS Turbo

Amish_EclipseMar-15-02 05:21 PM
Old School 2GNTer
3026 posts,
#17408, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 3

can i see a pic of the pacesetter muff. i always hear how shitty it is but i've never seen it. no muff will give you a v8 sound. if you want a nice deep tone than look for a round straight through muff with about a 4 inch tip. no matter what though when you first get it don't be alarmed if your rapsy sounding that's normal it will go away

http://www.ocaddict.com

thanks beefgg for the sig

Fast420AMar-15-02 05:33 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#17409, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 4

You should see what the inside of the tip looks like.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

vegasdsmrMar-15-02 05:43 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4713 posts,
#17410, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 5

the system itself doesnt sound shabby at all. the yellow inside the tip is weak as fak!!

i cut mines off (muffler), and sold it cheep to a fellow 2gntr, and he enjoys it ever day.

and u gotta take them stickers off

03 srt-4 13.130@112.47mph (n2o, stock turbo, 10/2003)
now: 20g, portfueler, bpu+++ (track/dyno times tbd...)

i farted on your wiki

neovbMar-15-02 06:24 PM
Old School 2GNTer
466 posts,
#17411, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 6

I have a pacesetter and honestly you really cant beat the price value of what you get. In my opinion it sounds very good - actually my local DSM club (all turbos) kept asking me what kind of exhaust that is because of the sound it made. They were all impressed. The only gay thing is the yellow inside of the tip. You can just paint over it when you get the exhaust before u put it in your car, or be like me and take out your cat. It'll turn black in no time

NeoVB
1997 Eclipse GS

NeoVB
2005 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS TURBO
1995 Mitsubishi Galant ES DOHC TURBO
1991 Eagle Talon TSI AWD

dudasdMar-15-02 06:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
735 posts,
#17412, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 7

yeah the inside will turn black fairly quick with daily use, or you can just paint it if you want too......and it's pretty easy to just peel off the yellow sticker that goes around it......

DSMRoadsterMar-15-02 07:59 PM
Donating 2GNT member
3445 posts,
#17413, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 8

What's the order number for that exhaust. I would like to order it through summitracing.

intricatelines.com/ -graphics and vinyls

"Tell them of us and say,
For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."
-- The Kohima Epitaph

CVedEclipseMar-15-02 08:45 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2244 posts,
#17414, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 9

good luck trying to get that "V8" sound.. hehe, i dont think there is anything that can get our 4 bangers to sound that nice.. i love the way a good ol v8 sounds. maybe if you ran open exhaust, my friends muffler got jacked and for a couple months he was rolling around with a damn loud AND deep sound. not exactly legal, but sounded nice and loud.

^^what once was^^

^^what is now.. and permanently^^

Fast420AMar-15-02 08:53 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#17415, "RE: Does the Pacesetter muffler sound like a coffee can?"
In response to Reply # 9

Howell Automotive has them for $160. I am not sure of summit's part number, you may have to call if you didn't find it on their site.

________________________________________________________________________________________
current status - No 3rd Gear synchro

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/
www.Fast420A.com

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #17404 Previous topic | Next topic