Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #174
View in linear mode

Subject: "My intake backfires, what's up with that?" Previous topic | Next topic
HadesOmegaApr-03-01 08:11 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#174, "My intake backfires, what's up with that?"

Sometimes when i mash the pedal really hard or harder than usual I hear a loud pop come from my intake. i have a homeade cold air intake also, hope its nothing bad, the 420A shouldn't be doin that because it's computer controlled timing and all right?

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, HadesOmega, Apr-03-01 08:14 PM, #1
RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, DSMLVR, Apr-03-01 09:38 PM, #2
      RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, Kirby, Apr-04-01 02:43 AM, #3
           RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, HadesOmega, Apr-04-01 07:06 AM, #4
           RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, HadesOmega, Apr-04-01 07:07 AM, #5
           RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, HadesOmega, Apr-04-01 07:09 AM, #6
RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, DAVE_FL (Guest), Apr-05-01 01:28 PM, #7
RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, HadesOmega, Apr-05-01 05:57 PM, #10
RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?, Skrilla, Apr-05-01 01:51 PM, #8
Are you sure its ur intake, 95dsm, Apr-05-01 05:45 PM, #9
      RE: Are you sure its ur intake, HadesOmega, Apr-05-01 06:36 PM, #11

HadesOmegaApr-03-01 08:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#175, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh yeah I have an aftermarket muffler also, just the muffler no catback piping... hehe but when I get my turbo kit I'm considering having a 2.75" catback piping fabricated.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DSMLVRApr-03-01 09:38 PM
Old School 2GNTer
58 posts,
#176, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 1

A backfire thru your intake means your running lean. Have you changed your fuel filter lately? It is PROBABLY fuel relate.

KirbyApr-04-01 02:43 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2181 posts,
#177, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 2

how hard is it to change a fuel filter

I edited to the wiki!

Originally posted by DR1665
NOTE TO SELF: Go commando to wedding. Scar the Irishman for life.

HadesOmegaApr-04-01 07:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#178, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 3

hmm yeah I changed my filter like less than a year ago, must be something else. Maybe I ran into a bad tank of gas that might be it, it used to never do this.

Who sez FF can't drift?

HadesOmegaApr-04-01 07:07 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#179, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 3

hmm yeah I changed my filter like less than a year ago, must be something else. Maybe I ran into a bad tank of gas that might be it, it used to never do this. Well it does it rarely now anyway.

Who sez FF can't drift?

HadesOmegaApr-04-01 07:09 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#180, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 3

heh on a 95 2GNT good luck it's burried under all that crap on your firewall, though I heard its easier if you take the battery out, which I didn't try. 96-99 2GNT is easier, well I would think it is anyway because it's mounted near the fuel tank. NE body know a fuel filter relocation kit out there?

Who sez FF can't drift?

DAVE_FL (Guest)Apr-05-01 01:28 PM

#181, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 0

My intake makes a noise when i shift. It sounds like air rushing into it. I like the sound .

DAVE_FL
97GS
AEM CAI
AFX PULLEY
AFX solid motor mount
Magnaflow exhaust
Sparkco 9mm wires
PRO KIT (not in pic)
tokico shocks
Altezzas
A Badass sound system
Indiglows,neons,and all that good stuff...hehe

HadesOmegaApr-05-01 05:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#182, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 7

haha yup mine does too, and when I really let the throttle loose I get a big pssshhhh like a BOV.

yeah don't you just love Ghetto mods!

Who sez FF can't drift?

SkrillaApr-05-01 01:51 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1868 posts,
#183, "RE: My intake backfires, what's up with that?"
In response to Reply # 0

CAI will commonly backfire.

Kirby: The '96+ DSM's fuel filter is near the gas tank beneath your car near the passenger side rear wheel

Skrilla
'97 Base Talon NA
"Technology: The Only Replacement for Displacement"
"Peace and Turbo Grease"

*Skrilla
"Honest officer, I thought you were trying to race me"
Talon: 1st 2.4L
'97 Prelude
'04 350Z

Originally posted by YourInMyMirror95GS
dick teaser's should be rounded up and shot in the forehead
Originally posted by etx
Good luck man! Project 'STFU Brian your talon is dead meat' should be on it's feet soon!
Originally posted by Dark0ne
Thanks. Now excuse me while i fuck your sister.
"fuck all motor" -turbo ate you

95dsmApr-05-01 05:45 PM
Old School 2GNTer
171 posts,
#184, "Are you sure its ur intake"
In response to Reply # 8

I use to have similar problems, I always thought it was my intake but all along it was one of my spark plug wires and spark plug I have a 95 too good luck if its is what you think it is

HadesOmegaApr-05-01 06:36 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#185, "RE: Are you sure its ur intake"
In response to Reply # 9

Hmm I'm sure the noise if coming from the intake because I hear it in front of me. I did find out that my plugwires were bad, my stock ones so I replaced them with NGKs about a year ago. One of the wires kinda touches the headcover so do you think that could be it? I should probably do a resistance check just to check if it is.

Who sez FF can't drift?

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #174 Previous topic | Next topic