Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1459
View in linear mode

Subject: "CV Joint questions" Previous topic | Next topic
oRACLe97May-03-01 04:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1459, "CV Joint questions"

explain to me please what would happen to the car if i over use it / abuse it .. with speed if i have something wrong with this joint ? please help .. im just wondering becuae im hearing the click more often now .. almost everytime i hit the gas .. light or heavy .. should i avoid excess speed ? tell oRACLe i know near nothing when it comes to suspension

oRACLe
nGk Plugs ( watch out now )
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY ( 315 miles )
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS
SToCk 14" Rims ( gotta have these )
StOck MuffLer ( rust included )

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
RE: CV Joint questions, TeamMichael_97RS, May-03-01 05:19 AM, #1
RE: CV Joint questions, oRACLe97, May-03-01 05:25 AM, #2
      RE: CV Joint questions, TeamMichael_97RS, May-04-01 12:26 AM, #4
RE: CV Joint questions, ModeratorVX100, May-03-01 08:58 AM, #3
RE: CV Joint questions, oRACLe97, May-04-01 12:44 AM, #5
      RE: CV Joint questions, klipzracer, May-04-01 03:10 AM, #6
           RE: CV Joint questions, oRACLe97, May-04-01 04:24 AM, #7

TeamMichael_97RSMay-03-01 05:19 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1460, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 0

Once the CV goes you don't. So if tha's it, change it. Not hard to do, should probably cost you a little over $100 for the CV.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

oRACLe97May-03-01 05:25 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
#1461, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 1

thanks mike man !! i intend to this pay check ..its 140 with labor .. not to bad right ? .. thanks for your help ..would you mind explaining what it is ?

oRACLe
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY ( 110 miles )
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS

TeamMichael_97RSMay-04-01 12:26 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
#1462, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 2

Yeah $140 sounds like a good price.

Lets see if I can describe the CV well without hand gentured and picture ha ha.

It's a series of gears that allow the drive shaft to flex in any direction. Where a U Joint can bend side to side and up and down, which limits movement. A CV with all the gears inside doesn't have a set axis it can flex along, it can rotate in any directon needed. Perfect for front wheel drive cars that have wheels turning while the suspension is moving up and down.

Hope that helps a little.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

ModeratorVX100May-03-01 08:58 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#1463, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 0

Yup, if they break, the car just sits there and revs. A friend had that happen to his car a few months ago, while on the highway

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.803 @ 86.48 MPH

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

oRACLe97May-04-01 12:44 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
#1464, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 3

if the cv joint is giving can there be a power loss ?

oRACLe
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS

klipzracerMay-04-01 03:10 AM
Old School 2GNTer
4006 posts,
#1465, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 5

if it goes you'll notice a clacking-like noise. they are so easy to replace. hell, i'd do it for ya for free if you could get your car down here to ohio.

Chris
Project RS
Uncle Ben's Motorsports
http://klipzracer.homestead.com/index.html
chrisdishmon@hotmail.com

oRACLe97May-04-01 04:24 AM
Old School 2GNTer
41 posts,
#1466, "RE: CV Joint questions"
In response to Reply # 6

klip man we should chill. take a ride over here and raise your car a 1/2" youll be fine .. well puff and rip some chicken head civics and accords !! what the deal kid

oRACLe
AeM ShoRt RaM
UnOrThAdOx RaCiNg PuLLeY
BrAnD SpAnKiNg NeW TrAnnY
MoDDed EUrO TaIlS

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1459 Previous topic | Next topic