Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 2 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1446
View in linear mode

Subject: "Automatic transmition fluid" Previous topic | Next topic
nick95rs (Guest)May-02-01 02:02 PM

#1446, "Automatic transmition fluid"

What is the best transmition fluid to use in our cars, and how hard is it to do. I do not know that much about automatics. I can deal with the 5 speed, that is what my car has in it, and i have changed it before. My girl freind has a 95 eclipse and the fluid needs to be changed, it has never been changed before, so give me yalls opinion.

Thanks,

Nick

95 RS 5sp
Energy suspention motor mount inserts
Custom CAI w/ K&N filter
AFX pulley
Magnaflow Muffler
f/r Upper strut bars
16X8 3000GT rims with 225/50's
RRE lower bar on order
Accel 8mm plug wires
nick95rs@yahoo.com
AIM: nick95rs

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Team96NOS_EclipseMay-03-01 02:06 AM
Old School 2GNTer
294 posts,
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1447, "RE: Automatic transmition fluid"
In response to Reply # 0

Use the Mitsubishi Diamond ATF, your tranny will than you.
I only say this as some people have had problems with wear from products like BG syncroshift, Mobil synth ATF, and Redline.
While changing the fluid I would sugest changing the filter too.
Where you drain it is somwhat of a mystery to me unless it is the same as the Mitsu automatic where you have a drain plug and have to pull the pan.

Michelle
96 Eclipse Base Model
Best 14.6@93 w/60 shot

1997 Eclipse RS
1991 Eclipse GSX
1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
1989 Dodge Daytona 2.5 turbo
(tinker car)
1996 Eclipse base model RIP

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

TeamMichael_97RSMay-03-01 02:09 AM
Donating 2GNT member
5866 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1448, "RE: Automatic transmition fluid"
In response to Reply # 0

Unless somebody knows of a performance fluid I would say go with Havoline Dextron III with Mercron. Shouldn't be hard at all, just unbolt the pan let it drain, change the filter, and bolt the pan back up with the new gasket.

"To strive to seek to find... and not to yield."
Michael J. Kulaga e-mail: Michael_97RS@2gntDSM.zzn.com
aol IM: MJKulga Website: http://highlander.dsmpower.com/

Injen CAI w/ K&N Breather filters, 55mm TB, FU/RU/RL STBs, Red silicone hose kit, 8.5mm Magnecor Wires, Bosch Rapidfire Plugs

And in my Room: Rear disc brake conversion kit, SS Brake Lines, GS-T Muffler, Intake manifold 4 porting, Energy Suspension Motor Mount Inserts. RRE FL Tie Bar(Well Almost), TSW Blade 17x7.5 (need tires)

Firefly:
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #1446 Previous topic | Next topic