Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #14202
View in linear mode

Subject: "WOULD YOU PURCHASE AN ECU REPLACEMENT FROM HOWELL AUTOMOTIVE/AFX ?" Previous topic | Next topic
Fast420AFeb-07-02 04:57 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14202, "Poll question: WOULD YOU PURCHASE AN ECU REPLACEMENT FROM HOWELL AUTOMOTIVE/AFX ?"

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

Poll result (0 votes)

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
More Options?, Teameclipse804, Feb-07-02 05:42 PM, #1
RE: More Options?, daved, Feb-07-02 06:14 PM, #2
      RE: More Options?, Fast420A, Feb-07-02 06:29 PM, #3
           RE: More Options?, daved, Feb-07-02 07:58 PM, #4
                RE: More Options?, HadesOmega, Feb-07-02 08:26 PM, #5
                     RE: More Options?, Teameclipse804, Feb-07-02 10:18 PM, #6
                          RE: More Options?, 99GS, Feb-07-02 10:34 PM, #7
                               RE: More Options?, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-07-02 11:49 PM, #8
                                    RE: More Options?, phrenzy, Feb-08-02 02:59 AM, #9
                                         RE: More Options?, TeamAvenger, Feb-08-02 03:26 AM, #10
                                         RE: More Options?, ModeratorVX100, Feb-08-02 04:50 AM, #11
                                              RE: More Options?, TeamStan2gnt, Feb-08-02 05:05 AM, #12

Teameclipse804Feb-07-02 05:42 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14203, "More Options?"
In response to Reply # 0

I choose d) depends on price and what it can offer

IE. Would it be substantially better than a Super AFC and ITC setup, and how much would it cost, and what gains we could get out of it. If it's anything like a JET chip, then no.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

davedFeb-07-02 06:14 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#14204, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 1

I agree with Eclipse804, depends on the price.

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

Fast420AFeb-07-02 06:29 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4370 posts,
#14205, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 2

I can't argue with dyno numbers and prices for the neon computers. Hopefully ours would be right around the same numbers on both price and HP.

Here's all the different ones available for the DOHC neon, they also have them for the SOHC.

AFXNC97SD 97-99 DOHC, street/strip* $375.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC97SDA 97-99 DOHC, for use in Automatic Transmission Neons, Lock Up will function. street/strip* $375.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC96SD 96 DOHC, street/strip* $375.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC97RD 97-99 DOHC, max. perf, cal. for headers, no downstream O2 sensor* $390.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC96RD 96 DOHC, max. perf, cal. for headers, no downstream O2 sensor* $390.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC96SDA 96 DOHC, for use with Automatic Transmission Neons, Lock up will function, Street/strip* $375.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC96RDA 96 DOHC Automatic Tarnsmission Neons, max. perf, cal. for headers, no downstream O2 sensor* $390.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

AFXNC96RSA 96 DOHC Automatic Transmission Neons, max. perf, cal. for headers, no downstream O2 sensor* $390.00 + $150.00 Refundable Core Charge

http://howell.mountain.net/Neon/neonAFXproducts.htm

http://hometown.aol.com/ohshootuhh/

Perf:
KYB AGX Struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
5 Strut Bars (2 F/U, F/L, R/U, R/L)
Sprint Front Camber Kit
$15 Rear Camber Kit
Corbin's A/F Gauge
MSD DIS-2 Ignition System
Some Regrind Cams that need High Compression (which I don't have)
Ported Intake Manifold
Ported Throttle Body
Drop in K&N Filter and open airbox
Custom 2 1/2 inch exhaust with Dual DTM Muffler
Empty Catalytic Convertor
Energy Suspension Motor Mount inserts
Hurricane_GS Short Shifter
Symborsky Shift Kit
Clutchmasters Stage 3 Modular
225/50/16inch Wheels and Tires

Audio:
Alpine CD Head Unit
Alpine Flex4 25W X 4 for Fronts and Rears
Alpine V-12 450W X 1 for Subs
Infinity Reference Series 5 1/4 and 1 inch tweeter component systems for fronts and rears
Blaupunkt 3 way 6x9's in the rears
3 MTX 5000 10" 12 ohm subs running 4 ohms mono

Flame Red SRT-4 GT40,8.5:1 Built Shortblock, Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams, etc etc etc...

davedFeb-07-02 07:58 PM
Old School 2GNTer
665 posts,
#14206, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 3

Well if we would be able to get 20+ hp and we could remove the rev limiter I would pay that price.

1999 Eclipse RS (all show)
1990 Turbo Eclipse (race)

HadesOmegaFeb-07-02 08:26 PM
Old School 2GNTer
4529 posts,
#14207, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 4

wow that's amazing. I hope it's streetable and it worx well with our turbo modded cars They should make one we can program with a laptop. heh I don't want no rev limiter on my car with stock engine parts though hehe.

http://www.hadesomega.info -car specz and movies 95 Eclipse RS | 76' 280Z | 89' MR2 | 99 Neon | 91 Zephyr
Who sez FF can't drift?

Teameclipse804Feb-07-02 10:18 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5174 posts,
#14208, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 5

Wow if it's streetable and works on an auto, I'd pay 375 for anything over a 15 hp gain.

2004 WRX - WR Blue Pearl
1997 Eclipse GS - Royal Sapphire Pearl

99GSFeb-07-02 10:34 PM
Old School 2GNTer
458 posts,
#14209, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 6

Gary, Gary, Gary...

Eric Madden

TeamStan2gntFeb-07-02 11:49 PM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#14210, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 7

I'd get it for the rev limit increase alone, screw the tuning I can dot hat with AFC's, ITC,s AIC,s GCC's and all at that other abbreviated stuff. I cant count the number of times I ran smack into the rev limiter at WOT turbo and not turbo, all I need is about 500 more rpms. Hell I think they should make a PCM with no mods except rev limiter removal.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

phrenzyFeb-08-02 02:59 AM
Old School 2GNTer
684 posts,
#14211, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 8

Maybe I just drive my car like an old woman, but I've only hit the rev limiter once. It was a nasty little escapade, and I'd rather not do it again.

Old School 2GNTer
Now rockin an 05 SRT-4

TeamAvengerFeb-08-02 03:26 AM
Old School 2GNTer
2453 posts,
#14212, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 9

Only once? Gee, I must be mean to my car but I consistantly bounce off the damn thing at least once a day. It's just the revs climb so much quicker with the manual than the auto (not that I had to shift in the auto). I think some times I'm just brain dead and forget the I have to do the shifting now. This is what inhaling laquer fumes for 7 hours 1 weekend and then gas fumes for 5 hours the next gets you. Many dead brain cells and the ability to forget what transmission is in your car.

-"Easy Mac"
05 Mazda RX-8 (RR8 #88)
99 Eclipse RS 398whp & 372lb-ft

ModeratorVX100Feb-08-02 04:50 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2831 posts,
#14213, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 9

don't feel bad, I've only hit it once (in my Eclipse) even with 150 drag races under my belt.

"Tutto fa brodo."

Todd Scungio
98 RS
15.173 @ 90.70 MPH

And also a 2011 Ralliart

TeamStan2gntFeb-08-02 05:05 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2216 posts,
#14214, "RE: More Options?"
In response to Reply # 11

Note to self: Pay more attention. I even ran the VR6 into the rev limiter a few times and you know they dont require any revving. With the turbo I would run into it in 1rst gear with every intention of shifting before it got to cut off but at 5000rpm with boost all hell and tires would often break loose faster than I could shift.

:farfrommugen:
Yes I still own a 2gnt.
Damn right I've been here longer than U
klassic_liven@yahoo.com

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #14202 Previous topic | Next topic