Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 3 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #141
View in linear mode

Subject: "RActive Cold Air intake..." Previous topic | Next topic
JAMnJohnnyApr-03-01 07:01 AM
Old School 2GNTer
0 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#141, "RActive Cold Air intake..."

Hello fellas...I just purchased and installed a RActive cold air system for my 95 Talon ESI. One of the things I immediately noticed was the throaty sound coming from the engine, particularly at 1st and 2nd gear take offs. This was something I had read I was to expect. However, I also noticed that my RPMs go a lot higher than they used to before I replaced the OEM intake. It feels as tho I have to rev to higher RPMs to get adequate torque to take off. Nothing major. Just seems like with the old intake I didn't have to rev as high. Is this normal. Any input on tis would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanx Fellas!

JAM

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

TeamJeff_99gsApr-03-01 02:47 PM
Donating 2GNT member
5473 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#142, "RE: RActive Cold Air intake..."
In response to Reply # 0

Well I'm not sure how related this is, but I have the short ram intake from Ractive and I don't have any problems with needing to rev higher. In fact, it revs much easier than the stock intake. I heard the ractive intake was just the ram air with an extension..is this true?

By the way I will be selling my Ractive Short Ram intake when my turbo is installed. I'll put it in its own thread in the general section.

-Jeff
HRC Super 16G on the way!

http://gs.dsmpower.com

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LeJeune123Feb-16-05 09:54 AM
Member since Jun 16th 2004
202 posts,
#86092, "RE: RActive Cold Air intake..."
In response to Reply # 1
Feb-16-05 09:56 AM by LeJeune123

Sorry guys I was just trying something.oops

I am parting out my 95 RS!!!

http://forums.2gnt.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=49&topic_id=3652&mode=full

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #141 Previous topic | Next topic