Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138631
View in linear mode

Subject: "Heater core inlet and outlet?" Previous topic | Next topic
John99RSAug-27-15 09:53 AM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#138631, "Heater core inlet and outlet?"

Hi, never did heater hoses on our car and was wondering if the inlet and outlet tubes are metal or plastic? The reason I ask is I was changing the hoses on my wife's 96 Maxima and didn't know they were plastic. They both broke right off!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinAug-27-15 10:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138632, "RE: Heater core inlet and outlet?"
In response to Reply # 0

They are paper thin copper. You have to be very careful when trying to break the rubber hose free. You pretty much have to slit the hose with a razor blade and pry it off with finger tips.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

John99RSSep-09-15 06:36 PM
Donating 2GNT member
1191 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list facebook
#138634, "RE: Heater core inlet and outlet?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks. Copper is definitely better than plastic. The ones on my wife's Maxima just crumbled.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3130861

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138631 Previous topic | Next topic