Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138549
View in linear mode

Subject: "Trying to find the name of a part" Previous topic | Next topic
wynrosFeb-14-15 01:30 PM
Member since Feb 14th 2015
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138549, "Trying to find the name of a part"

Hey all.

I recently had the gas tank replaced in my '98 GS and had to take the car before the mechanic could finish replacing the valves on the tank. One of them is on the tank the other is cracked and is causing an "evap emissions leak" code to be thrown. I'm trying to get that other part replaced but can't remember the name of it. Anyone happen to know the name of valves on that tank or know somewhere I could find that info? Inspection is way past due and I'd rather not get another ticket. Without the part installed there's a heavy gasoline smell when I fill the tank up so really can't fill it more than 3/4 of the way.

Thank you!

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ModeratorCorbinFeb-15-15 09:39 AM
Donating 2GNT member
2552 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138550, "RE: Trying to find the name of a part"
In response to Reply # 0

There is a rollover valve on top of the tank. Part number MR526922. That vents gasoline vapor from the gas tank and sends it to the evaporative emissions system. The point of the valve is that it will close if the car turns upside-down (preventing liquid gasoline from leaking out the evap system in the engine bay. I'm pretty sure you have to drop the tank to change that one. There is also a check valve clipped to the side of the evap canister. Part number MB925886. That canister and check valve is somewhere in the vicinity of the passenger side of the front bumper. A crack in either valve or a disconnected hose/hard line could result in a gas smell. Figuring out the gas smell should be a priority. It could be a hazard. I expect that you could sniff around and decide if it is coming from the tank area or engine bay. That would help you decide which valve to change first.

Corbin
'97 GSX dressed like a '95 ESi

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138549 Previous topic | Next topic