Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 0 Users in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138439
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to DCM, 1998 GS w/fueling problem..." Previous topic | Next topic
WarborgJun-19-14 02:50 PM
Member since Jun 19th 2014
1 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138439, "New to DCM, 1998 GS w/fueling problem..."

New to the DSM scene, picked up a '98 GS from a local Pick N' Pull for $1250... With just a little work got it back up on the road and runs great and looks solid as well... I do have one issue that I've never run into though and was hoping for some help, maybe some details on what to check and how to check it, etc.

When filling up, I can only fill it up VERY slowly. Just barely squeeze the trigger at the pump and it will continue to fill, but if I give it any more flow it will continue to shut off as though it thinks the tank is full when it clearly isn't. I've tried other pumps, other gas stations, and filling up when almost empty as well as when it was sitting at 1/4 tank with no difference. I assume it's a plugged or in some way defective vent causing the problem, but know little about this on these cars, so am hoping for some help...

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Mostly stock, with generic CAI and Megan Racing front strut bar

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

ej420aJun-19-14 05:16 PM
Member since Feb 03rd 2008
20 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138440, "RE: New to DCM, 1998 GS w/fueling problem..."
In response to Reply # 0

If possible you may have to get under there and inspect the filler neck and related hoses to make sure something isn't kinked or clogged.

Jesse

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138439 Previous topic | Next topic