Welcome to the 2GNT Forum! Interested In Advertising with 2GNT?
Home | Site Background| Info&Specs| Mods & Tech Info | CAPS | Part Reviews | Donate | 2GNT Stickers |
Search Printer-friendly copy 1 User in Chat
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138340
View in linear mode

Subject: "EGR friendly cams" Previous topic | Next topic
electroheadApr-18-14 08:53 PM
Member since Dec 13th 2009
182 posts,
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138340, "EGR friendly cams"

Hey, guys. Since I'm working on '99 and have to do the head gasket, I was wondering if anyone here knows if there are any aftermarket cams that won't necessitate the bypassing of the EGR system or trip a code for the idle being off. I still have emissions to worry about and just looking for some advice on cam selection. I know the '99s had the pickiest computers. Also, it would be helpful to know if these cams would be ok in the future if I were to boost the car about 6psi in a couple of years. I'm not looking for monster gains, just something that would make the car a bit more peppy. For now, the mods that will be on the car (engine wise) will be as follows: UR underdrive pully, Greddy header, AEM V2 intake, MP 60mm throttle body, OBX cat back (Greddy Evo 2 knockoff), and possibly a high flow cat and upgraded coil.

Report This Post to Admin Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top
Top 2GNT Technical Performance/Engine topic #138340 Previous topic | Next topic